"MiniWORM" - warm white Copper flashlight with 43mm length!

herculaneum79

Newly Enlightened
Hey Guys,

I've posted a picture in "Maratac AAA Ci tarnish progression" thread just a few minutes ago and some of you asked for the tiny flashlight on the right, so I'll introduce my

MiniWORM

I ordered a Lumintop Worm Copper about two months ago. The flashlight was vey cool and copper is an excellent material for building flashlights, because it's heat conductivity is very good. Of course there's a second advantage: The Patina / Tarnish!
Sadly the Worm is about 72mm long and much to big for my keychain, so I thought of modifying it a bit ;-)

Fritz15, a good modder from german TLF, built new battery tube for me. You can see some steps of his work here.
He also removed the cw-LED and changed it to a warm-white XP-G Q2 with 3000K because the warm light fits better to the warm color of the copper.

The result is a 43 Millimeters flashlight. It runs with a 1/3 AAA battery with 160mAh and works well as a keychain light!
I really love my small "MiniWORM" and so I'll share some pictures with you.

Father and son

EDC Tools :D

Thanks for your comments :)

Greetings from Germany,
Marcel

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
The cool thing about this is that you could use a mini body with the maratac Cu AAA head too...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

mohanjude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice - like custom work - amazing design. I am really intrigued - did you get a driver in there or is it direct drive?

fl0t

Enlightened
Awesome mod, it looks like the two parts were made for each other.
I would buy one too, for sure.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic

herculaneum79

Newly Enlightened
Maybe you could tell me (either here in the thread or via Private Message) hooch much you'd pay for a small battery tube for the Worm Copper.
Because of the complete handcrafted character, the items will not be so cheap. But you can be sure that the MiniWorm Copper will be cheaper then a Lummi Wee SS.

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
for what's left of the body, the only thing really different for a "Maratac" would be the lanyard ring area, assuming no knurling.

the threads are the same, just the pill is deeper in the head, so (at least mine...) the worm body doesn't quite reach when tightened all the way down into the Maratac head.

But if you do one "Maratac" style I'd be in for one of those also. :)

herculaneum79

Newly Enlightened
So #6 Worm and #2 Maratac … As far as I know it's possible to imitate the knurling, but I'm unsure about that. I'll check and tell ya.