Which cells to use?

LichtAn!

Enlightened
Hey, I ordered a Cree diving light from china. Now that I've recieved it, I doubt that it is properly sealed and I'm a bit worried about my cells being shortened. Should I use LiMn or protected Li-Ion cells to be safe ? (just in case...)

Regards Tobias

diveuk

Newly Enlightened
Check the machined threads for swarthe and sharp edges, check and lube the O rings, make sure everything is tight and secure. To prove that it is watertight take it for a dive with no batteries, preferably in fresh water. Put some tissue where the batteries should be and check for any moisture post dive.

LichtAn!

Enlightened
Check the machined threads for swarthe and sharp edges, check and lube the O rings, make sure everything is tight and secure. To prove that it is watertight take it for a dive with no batteries, preferably in fresh water. Put some tissue where the batteries should be and check for any moisture post dive.

That's what I plan to do. But still I'd like to know what would happen in the worst case. I know for sure that a shortened Li-Ion cell with no protection easily resembles a pipe bomb. What about LiMn?

diveuk

Newly Enlightened
If you are that worried about things the best thing is not to use a light........ I have never heard of a diver getting injured in an explosion from his torch batteries..........

Last edited: