Surefire KX4 Compatibility

flight777

Newly Enlightened
Hi All,

Just wondering if a Surfire KX4 LED head is backwards (or sideways
icon7.gif
) compatible with incan lamps like the P90? Didn't want to buy one and then find out I can't use it with all my P-series bulbs. Thanks!

David

archimedes

Flashaholic
Ok, I guess I meant to say bezel, not head. Can you use the KX4 bezel with a P60, P90, etc.? Sorry.

Oh, then "no". The KX4 is a sealed assembly.

Maybe you are looking for a Z44 ... ? That is the bezel which will fit P60 & P90 lamps.

Last edited:

flight777

Newly Enlightened
Bummer! Actually, all I really wanted was the style of nitrolon bezel used on the G3, but in yellow. I wasn't aware of a yellow G3, so I was trying to figure out how I could get one. Any ideas? Thanks.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Bummer! Actually, all I really wanted was the style of nitrolon bezel used on the G3, but in yellow. I wasn't aware of a yellow G3, so I was trying to figure out how I could get one. Any ideas? Thanks.

Well, there is a yellow G2, yellow KX4, and yellow AN14. Are you trying to build an all-yellow 3-cell torch? If so, you could use all of those parts, with a battery-spacer, to make something close to what you want ....

flight777

Newly Enlightened
Well, there is a yellow G2, yellow KX4, and yellow AN14. Are you trying to build an all-yellow 3-cell torch? If so, you could use all of those parts, with a battery-spacer, to make something close to what you want ....

That's pretty much what I'm trying to do - G2 + AN-14 extender + Lumens Factory HO-9 + 2x17670 + ZeroRez Modded Tailcap. Only I like the G3 bezel better because it doesn't roll as easy and I think it looks better. Any way to get a yellow one? Thanks.

archimedes

Flashaholic
That's pretty much what I'm trying to do - G2 + AN-14 extender + Lumens Factory HO-9 + 2x17670 + ZeroRez Modded Tailcap. Only I like the G3 bezel better because it doesn't roll as easy and I think it looks better. Any way to get a yellow one? Thanks.

Hmmm ... Cerakote ?