BR101

Newly Enlightened
971890_222698981211741_685536167_n.jpg

Specifications:
Overall Length: 7.125"
Closed Length: 4.25"
Blade Length: 2.875"
Blade Steel: VG-10
Handle Material: Fiberglass Reinforced Nylon (FRN)
Weight: 2.3oz.

Today I am reviewing the Spyderco Delica 4 folder knife. As you may already know, the Delica 4 is the little brother to the Endura 4. The Delica 4 is such a great knife for the money you can't go wrong buying one. Whether you are bicycling for the day or hiking and don't want a ton of heavy stuff, the Delica 4 is a great knife that will fit in practically any EDC system due to it's overall size and weight.

IMG_0655.JPG

Personally I've always been a fan of bigger knives like the Benchmade 275 and the Zero Tolerance 0560. But lately I've really came to enjoying the smaller knives like the Delica 4 because of it's ease of carrying. Literately, I'm not kidding you -- you can barely feel this thing sitting in your pocket!

IMG_0650.JPG

The business end on the Spyderco Delica 4 is constructed using VG-10 stainless steel. This is a premium steel that Spyderco has had alot of success with. It retains a sweet razor edge for a great length of time and if you ever need to service the edge, don't worry, it's not hard at all unlike the other more superior steels.

Out of the box this knife had a extremely sharp razor edge. Heck, after almost three weeks of EDCing it still retains a edge so good that it will pluck arm hairs! The full flat grind blade is great for executing all sorts of cutting task. Whether it's cutting heavy-duty shipping cardboard, rope or food preparation, the Delica 4 has met and exceeded my expectations.

The thumb hole, also known as a "Spyder Hole" allows the knife to be opened easily, more easily than a thumb stud.Opening the knife is a breeze using the thumb hole even with gloves on. The blade just flies out smoothly. And the jimping on the thumb ramp is really nice for making precise cuts. When it comes to lock-up, the Delica 4 uses a back lock system that securely locks the blade open with absolutely no wiggle room at all.

IMG_0651.JPG

IMG_0653.JPG

IMG_0659.JPG

The body on the Spyderco Delica 4 is constructed using fiberglass reinforced nylon (FRN) scales with skeletonized stainless steel liners.One thing I really like about the construction of this knife is that Spyderco had the full liners recessed into the FRN handles like the Endura 4. This really helps keep the thickness of the knife to a minimum so you can still use your pocket with the knife attached.

Another thing I really like about the FRN scales is the bi-directional texture groves. They feel real good in the hand and provide an ample amount of traction even in a wet situation. The hardware used to keep the knife together is torx screws. So you can take this puppy apart for cleaning if need be. If memory serves me right the older series Delica you couldn't because it was held together using compression pins.

IMG_0660.JPG

IMG_0667.JPG

The pocket clip is near perfect. I personally would have liked it to have the Spyderco deep carry wire clip but this one works great too. The knife sits nice and secure in the pocket. And you can adjust the clip to your liking whether it be tip up, tip down, and left or right carry.

IMG_0658.JPG

IMG_0656.JPG

Here are two pictures showing the size difference between the Delica 4 and the Endura 4. While I love the Endura 4 for pretty much the same reason as the Delica 4 -- The Delica 4 is just a more versatile edc knife because of it's size and weight.

IMAGE_E6A5AB12-94C2-429E-8BCA-D3962EBA6D06.JPG

My final conclusion on the Spyderco Delica 4: Lets face it, for the money the Spyderco Delica 4 is a fantastic knife. With the FRN scales and the great ergonomics, it just fits in your hand and feels great! You also get a really nice blade steel (VG-10) that resharpens fairly easy and has corrosion resistance. For the price I don't think your going to find anything better for daily EDC tasks.Whether this is your first knife purchase or your 100th, the Delica 4 is a winner in every aspect in my opinion and this knife will be in my EDC rotation for a long time! I bought mine from The Spyderco Store. These guys have some of the best Spyderco prices and incredibly fast shipping too. For under $60 bucks you can't go wrong -- Get one or two !! =)

For other cool reviews, raffles and giveaways check out my website and facebook page below in the SIG.