My first night ride - PD32UE

markr6

Flashaholic
With the exception of a few rides on the park trail, I did my first night time ride this weekend. I used one of the blocks with Velcro and my PD32UE. I had a great time! I was always comfortable running at night, but not so much with cycling. With this, the red blinker on back and a reflective jacket, I felt safe.

Even though the tint on the PD32UE is neutral, it's surprising how cool it looked compared to the cars coming and going. It really made the ride much more pleasurable than a cool white. Just another reminder to me that aesthetics play a big role, at least for me. I've had my PD32UE's for about a year but never used them much. I'm planning on setting up the second PD32UE on the handlebars for some extra light on darker roads. The beam is also perfect - a nice big spot with flood but focused enough as to not blind drivers.

Just in time for the daylight saving time switch!

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast
PD32 is not neutral.
5000K is cool, though it is relatively neutral to traditional, and most efficient; circa 6500K

markr6

Flashaholic
PD32 is not neutral.
5000K is cool, though it is relatively neutral to traditional, and most efficient; circa 6500K

Yeah Fenix calls it neutral, and I'm fine with that. Compared to my Zebralights around 4200K it looks cool, but I would say much nicer. I like it so much I've been using two of them for almost a year now. BTW when comparing it to a Nichia 219, I think they both still look nice, unlike my Zebralights which look way too yellow in comparison.

For cycling, I think the tint and 400 lumen setting is perfect.