Streamlight SL-35X – The Prominent Duty Light

Dukester

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got this in this last Friday and it has been a real joy to use over the weekend while I break it in. You talk about immense flood this is it. This light would be perfect for the rancher/farmer, camper, construction worker or anybody who needs a lot of flood with really good throwing capabilities. I was amazed on how well this threw. I was afraid it would be it's shortcomings so to speak and I was pleasantly wrong. I also bought the digital dimmer/flasher tail cap switch. The flasher works like a strobe light drawing attention would be it's purpose I suppose. The dimmer is super neat, just depress the tail cap switch and watch the light's intensity diminish. Once you reach your desired intensity let go of the switch.

I had a spare UCL Lens laying around so I quickly took out the stock lens that came with the torch and replaced with the UCL Glass Lens.

Anyway this is not the light for people who go on the premise of smaller is better for obvious reasons. This is not the light you take with you backpacking again for obvious reasons but would better be served for use in a base camp or an RV.

This I believe is the same torch used by the DOT Officials in Scale houses a long the interstate I have seen them mounted in their charging stands mounted vertically a long side a counter or on a wall.

I did mention that the light had some serious flood, right? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dave

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Dukester, glad you llike your SL35X. My dimmer switch sdis the older style. longer, and you rotate it for variability. If you ever get a chance try 6 C NiMH's. Brings wattage to 25. Noticeable difference in output, and is apparently not hard on bulb. Or use 6 9Amp NiMH cells for extended run time.

Bill

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really like the SL20X with SL35X lamp. Streamlight makes awesome lights and the best rechargables but don't get much mention here.

Dukester

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
tkl said:
I really like the SL20X with SL35X lamp. Streamlight makes awesome lights and the best rechargables but don't get much mention here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Almost taboo... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sssh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sssh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sssh.gif I just think that Streamlight while they do in my opinion make super rechargeables but not limited to is targeting the working class so to speak. People who have reason on wanting a professional light they use for work and they serve that need well!