Streamlight SL-35

Mr Green Jeans

Newly Enlightened
I've got an old Streamlight SL-35 (not the 35X), still works great, but the charger got damaged and is beyond repair. Does anybody have one they would like to sell? Everywhere I have looked on the internet says they cannot get one. I've attached a photo of what it looks like.
Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• SL-35 Charger.jpg
    SL-35 Charger.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 78

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know if the charge board is the same, but the original SL-15/20/35 chargers are physically identical and use the same power supplies. Yours could be repaired with a sleeve from another model if that's what broke. I don't have any spares unfortunately.

What happened to yours?

Mr Green Jeans

Newly Enlightened
The charger got knocked off a shelf and the plastic around the charger shattered and can't be glued back together. The sleeve is fine. If I could get the charger, I could hook it up to the sleeve.

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it was a 13.8V DC 6.5W adapter then it shares the same one with all the other early SL models. Thinking about yours, if the transformer itself isn't trashed I'd secure the guts in a small project box and wire a cord into it.

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
The charger got knocked off a shelf and the plastic around the charger shattered and can't be glued back together. The sleeve is fine. If I could get the charger, I could hook it up to the sleeve.
I'm not experienced with lights of that series, and I imagine Abtomat (and probably others - particularly if they have the same light) have 'forgotten more than I'll ever know' about them, but just one question. If the "sleeve" is still intact / OK, if you check the AC power supply / charger unit itself, is there perhaps a SL part number (usually 5-digits) marked on that module? I can't resolve it from the photo, but it looks like there might be on that one. If that piece is common to other models, that part number is what I'd want if I was searching for a replacement for that piece of the setup. I know you said it's pretty well 'shattered', so if it has one it might not be readable from the pieces, but thought I'd ask. If someone else has the same light, they might be able to read the part number from theirs, and if it's common to other lights, that part might still be available / findable.

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it was a 13.8V DC 6.5W adapter then it shares the same one with all the other early SL models. Thinking about yours, if the transformer itself isn't trashed I'd secure the guts in a small project box and wire a cord into it.

Now that I check, an SL-20X adapter has those same specs. If that matches yours just wire one in. The SL-20X series adapter is P/N 22311, and depending on the age is either marked 13.8VDC 6.5W, or 12VDC 500mA. This is also the adapter used by the Stinger and a million other Streamlights.

I'm not experienced with lights of that series, and I imagine Abtomat (and probably others - particularly if they have the same light) have 'forgotten more than I'll ever know' about them, but just one question. If the "sleeve" is still intact / OK, if you check the AC power supply / charger unit itself, is there perhaps a SL part number (usually 5-digits) marked on that module? I can't resolve it from the photo, but it looks like there might be on that one. If that piece is common to other models, that part number is what I'd want if I was searching for a replacement for that piece of the setup. I know you said it's pretty well 'shattered', so if it has one it might not be readable from the pieces, but thought I'd ask. If someone else has the same light, they might be able to read the part number from theirs, and if it's common to other lights, that part might still be available / findable.

I still don't have a marked SL-35 charger in front of me, but a typical 1970s SL series adapter is P/N 202310. A really early one is P/N ICC-2-750 Newer SL-X series adapter is P/N 22311. All these adapters have the same printed electric specs util they started saying 12V more recently.

There must be a difference in the PCB in the sleeve, since the '70s SL-15/20/35 maintenance manual shows slight charge voltage differences from model to model, as well as LED colors. Despite the adapters being the same.

Last edited:

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now that I check, an SL-20X adapter has those same specs. If that matches yours just wire one in. The SL-20X series adapter is P/N 22311, and depending on the age is either marked 13.8VDC 6.5W, or 12VDC 500mA. This is also the adapter used by the Stinger and a million other Streamlights.

I still don't have a marked SL-35 charger in front of me, but a typical 1970s SL series adapter is P/N 202310. A really early one is P/N ICC-2-750 Newer SL-X series adapter is P/N 22311. All these adapters have the same printed electric specs util they started saying 12V more recently.

There must be a difference in the PCB in the sleeve, since the '70s SL-15/20/35 maintenance manual shows slight charge voltage differences from model to model, as well as LED colors. Despite the adapters being the same.

Looking at that photo again, I think that may be a 22xxx number on it(?).

See, I told you he's probably forgotten more than I know on the subject:)

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
That photo is from Opticsplanet and the original shows it's a 12V 22311. I don't know if Streamlight used the two 22311 adapters interchangeably or if there's some subtle difference to the sleeve. I'd guess the former but I don't want to make a decree.

Nah, I don't really know anything. I just have a lot of flashlights I can look at. Sooner or later I'll do a Streamlight SL series photo retrospective.