Streamlight Stinger Traffic Wand With Holes

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
A friend of mine gave me a Streamlight Stinger traffic wand a week or so ago. It has holes in it! I have never seen that before on a traffic wand. He added them thinking that the wand is more effective that way.

Last edited:

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
A friend of mine gave me a Streamlight Stinger traffic wand a week or so ago. It has holes in it! I have never seen that before on a traffic wand. He added them thinking that the wand is more effective that way.
Curious. I wonder if he gave it to you because he found out that it was not more effective that way. I mean, why would you give away an item that was highly effective, that you had spent time modifying?

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Curious. I wonder if he gave it to you because he found out that it was not more effective that way. I mean, why would you give away an item that was highly effective, that you had spent time modifying?
No, I had explained to him that I was using a glow-in-the-dark traffic want on my Streamlight Stinger attached to my e-bike during rides. When I sent him video, he stated that I really needed a red traffic wand. He and my wife work together and he sent it home with her for me. When I saw holes in it it prompted me to text him and ask why. He stated that he hasn't had a need for it or used it on over fifteen years and that the holes were to make more white light visible when he points it at someone to get their attention.