• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTS: MD26E Triple XP-G2 - Triple XP-E Red - Color XM-L (RGBW)

Vinz

Newly Enlightened
Hi, folks!

For sale are four MD26E drop-ins. The drop-ins are hand made and designed to perfectly fit Solarforce hosts, like the L2, L2N, L2m, L2P or P1D, using unprotected or short protected cells.

[Sold] Triple XP-G2 R5-1A - Copper bonded LEDs, Diamond potted - mode reset with semi-muted moon mode - $80

[Sold] Triple XP-E Red (LEDs are driven with 700mA each on high) - Copper bonded LEDs, Diamond potted - mode reset with semi-muted moon mode - $70

[Sold] Triple XP-E Red (LEDs are driven with 700mA each on high) - Copper bonded LEDs, Diamond potted - mode reset with semi-muted moon mode - $70

[Sold] Single 'Color XM-L' - Diamond potted circuit - 7 modes with 1 sec. mode reset - for protected cells only - $70 $60

Registered international shipping with tracking is $7. PayPal fees are included.

Owners of my drop-ins can get silver plated beryllium copper P60 springs just for the material price soon.

241213-Verkauf-1_zpsbfb13e5d.jpg

241213-Verkauf-2_zps7b31ba14.jpg

241213-Verkauf-3_zps2ec619e8.jpg

Merry Christmas!:)

Last edited:

dbleznak

Enlightened
WTS: MD26E Triple XP-G2 - Triple XP-E Red - Single Color XM-L (RGBW)

Are they XP-E2

Last edited:

slow2go

Newly Enlightened
Re: WTS: MD26E Triple XP-G2 - Triple XP-E Red - Single Color XM-L (RGBW)

I'll take #1
Triple XP-G2 R5-1A - Copper bonded LEDs, Diamond potted - mode reset with semi-muted moon mode - $80
Please send PP info for shipment to So. Calif

Payment Sent (Unique Transaction ID # 4M888826D8

Happy Holidays

Last edited:

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast

wow... very nice! :)

Gooby

Newly Enlightened

These look amazing, but what makes them different from drop ins from Vihn or Nailbender? Not trying to be disrespectful, just asking a question.

Also, do you do custom orders? Let's say I had a Surefire 6P or some other P60 host could you make a drop in to perfectly fit one of those if I sent it to you and could I choose my own led config.? Like triple xmls, or quad 219s or something with optics, reflector, etc?

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Vinz,

what are the modes for the XM-L dropin and does single color indeed refer to just one color to choose? And how do the Solarforce hosts differ from Surefire? I know they are usually made to be used with 18xxx cells which the Surefires are not. If a Surefire host was bored to fit 18xxx cells, would your Dropins fit as well? I would have snatched #1 if it wasn´t already gone, not matter if it fit a Surefire host or not.

@gooby: Just from the looks at the dropins you can tell a big difference IMHO. Apart from that, why would they have to be different at all? Also: Vihn and Naibender hail from the US while Vinz is from germany which makes it a lot easier for the EU folks to get such stuff without customs interference and within a shorter time frame!

Eric

Last edited:

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast

These look amazing, but what makes them different from drop ins from Vihn or Nailbender?

1) Material, 2) build quality and 3) fits a Solarforce host like a glove. Hands down the most beautifully made P60 drop in in my collection and I have over 50 of them. You'll only really appreciate the quality once you get your hands on one!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Gooby

Newly Enlightened

There are soooo many p60 drop ins that I have looked at, and this one looks the best by far. I just wish he would answer my questions on if he could do a custom job for me because I might choose the 6P over an L2P, and I want different LED configs. I also don't like the UI.

It's frustrating how in the flashlight world, for me at least, I can never find the exact thing I'm looking for, there are always compromises. These look incredible, but the UI is not to my liking and I don't like the LED configs. chosen. Nailbender and Vihn both allow you to make whatever you want, but they don't look as robust/nice as these. Malkoff makes some nice ones but not enough lumens for me. Just trying to find someone to make a solid drop in/heatsink with triple 219s or something with a nice UI of Low, Med, High, Turbo, Retina Burning.

Tulku

Newly Enlightened

There are soooo many p60 drop ins that I have looked at, and this one looks the best by far. I just wish he would answer my questions on if he could do a custom job for me because I might choose the 6P over an L2P, and I want different LED configs. I also don't like the UI.

It's frustrating how in the flashlight world, for me at least, I can never find the exact thing I'm looking for, there are always compromises. These look incredible, but the UI is not to my liking and I don't like the LED configs. chosen. Nailbender and Vihn both allow you to make whatever you want, but they don't look as robust/nice as these. Malkoff makes some nice ones but not enough lumens for me. Just trying to find someone to make a solid drop in/heatsink with triple 219s or something with a nice UI of Low, Med, High, Turbo, Retina Burning.

I will second that.

(Tulku subscribes to this thread and lurks away)

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast

I just wish he would answer my questions on if he could do a custom job for me because I might choose the 6P over an L2P, and I want different LED configs. I also don't like the UI.

Just so you know...I have been requesting a custom P60 for my Surefire 6P from Vinz for over 6~8 months now...not giving up hope just yet lol

It's frustrating how in the flashlight world, for me at least, I can never find the exact thing I'm looking for, there are always compromises.

Haha you can easily substitute flashlight for car, camera, hi-fi, job, women etc etc. Life ain't perfect huh? :D

Gooby

Newly Enlightened

Has he just not answered or what?

Yeah of course there are compromises everywhere but I have only been looking at lights so I focused on that. I just wish I could have one hobby where there is no compromise

wertzius

Newly Enlightened
Vinz will answer, often he needs some days. It is Christmas guys, be patient.

Gesendet von meinem GT-N8000 mit Tapatalk 4

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Be reasonable guys...this is after all a holiday season for many of us and not withstanding your sense of self-entitlement, that any of your questions should be answered to your satisfaction at your required timeline, let's give Vinz some slack to get back with a reply. Or you could always look for alternatives that will meet your expectations and will offered you a no-compromised solutions? *shake head*

dbleznak

Enlightened

Someone get them a whaambulance. This reeks of a false sense of entitlement. BTW-the drop-ins look stunning.

archimedes

Flashaholic

There are soooo many p60 drop ins that I have looked at .... Just trying to find someone to make a solid drop in/heatsink with triple 219s....

Sounds like you might be wanting a TorchLAB Triple/60-H3n (219), or a Macs Customs, or a WrightLight Mattaus 219-Triple P60. Getting any of those, however, may present challenges of their own ....

Vinz work is fantastic, by the way :)

Last edited:

dbleznak

Enlightened

Are those Glow-posts or are they posts drilled for trits?

Vinz

Newly Enlightened

I'll take #1
Triple XP-G2 R5-1A - Copper bonded LEDs, Diamond potted - mode reset with semi-muted moon mode - $80
Please send PP info for shipment to So. Calif

Payment Sent (Unique Transaction ID # 4M888826D8

Happy Holidays

Thank you! I have sent you the tracking number and pictures of the parcel via PM a few hours ago.

Hi Vinz,

what are the modes for the XM-L dropin and does single color indeed refer to just one color to choose? And how do the Solarforce hosts differ from Surefire? I know they are usually made to be used with 18xxx cells which the Surefires are not. If a Surefire host was bored to fit 18xxx cells, would your Dropins fit as well? I would have snatched #1 if it wasn´t already gone, not matter if it fit a Surefire host or not.

@gooby: Just from the looks at the dropins you can tell a big difference IMHO. Apart from that, why would they have to be different at all? Also: Vihn and Naibender hail from the US while Vinz is from germany which makes it a lot easier for the EU folks to get such stuff without customs interference and within a shorter time frame!

Eric

The "Single color XM-L" drop-in is equipped with one Color XM-L, with four different DIEs. The colors are white, red, blue and green. The beam is quite floody, but very even and clean. There are no visible artefacts. There are four regular modes (one for each color) and three blink/signal modes. It starts always with white light if the flashlight was off for more than one second. For the best possible thermal transfer, the LED PCB was glued using my own made diamond based thermal adhesive. The circuit is also filled with such a diamond based compound.

They don't fit Surefire hosts, even if bored. Solarforce hosts have different internal measurements. My drop-ins for them are much wider and longer compared to "universal" or 6P drop-ins. They are also more solid. My triples have around 26mm aluminium between the LED PCB and the circuit, while regular P60 pills have just 0.7-1.2mm thin grounds.

Are they XP-E2
No, still XP-E. But in the brightest N4 binning. They were hand selected (for Vf) from a reel with 250 pieces. They have all the same Vf, which results in the same drive current on each of these LEDs. I have built these red triples for some hunters and they are quite happy with them. :)

Are those Glow-posts or are they posts drilled for trits?
There is "pure blue" strontium aluminate (the best from GlowInc) under the pins of the optic.

These look amazing, but what makes them different from drop ins from Vihn or Nailbender? Not trying to be disrespectful, just asking a question.
I don't like questions like this so I'm choosing not to answer. But you could check this and this thread for more details and get an idea of this yourself. The built time (including programming, packaging, etc.) varies from 3-4 hours for simple ones to 7-8 hours for the "Hepta XM-L2" drop-ins or such UV light units like the following.

Nichia-UV-Convoy-02_zpsf9fb10b0.jpg

My drop-ins are also hand built and super solid, while regular drop-ins are more like this:
regular-p60_zpse39d7e5b.jpg

Here is an other comparison for a M3 pill. Super solid hand built pill on the right, thin and hollow junk on the left.
SF-M3-01_zpsd17e0d06.jpg

SF-M3-02_zps2344215f.jpg

Also, do you do custom orders? Let's say I had a Surefire 6P or some other P60 host could you make a drop in to perfectly fit one of those if I sent it to you and could I choose my own led config.? Like triple xmls, or quad 219s or something with optics, reflector, etc?
Sorry, I don't take custom orders right now. I want to complete the first few luxury "Mjölnir" super flood-thrower first, before I take any drop-in orders again.

Best regards,

Vinz