Zebralight H52 anyone?

larcal

Newly Enlightened
Little wary of buying an H52W right off the boat in case their are any kinks they are waiting for us to find. Anyone bought one yet and put it thru enough trial to have an opinion?

cyclesport

Enlightened
I've had one for a few weeks and it functions fine...no negative issues at all, aside from the occasional pre-flash I get when swapping Li-ion cells, but this happens in the SC52's I have as well and I don't consider it a problem. The tint is especially good with a very slight rose hue...a VERY good neutral tint and the best I've seen from any XM-L/XM-L2. And...completely different from the yellow/green tint of the (at least mine) SC52w.

Rexlion

Enlightened
No problems at all with mine. I've been running a 14500 in it since I received it.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have only had mine a few days but have already been in a few attics with it and I LOVE the tint compared to any cool emitters that I have.
Mine seems as nice out of the box as the other 3 ZL I have and I guess I should feel lucky or something but I have no reservations suggesting one for anyone.

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Still waiting for the cool white models for H52, H52F and H600 & H600F. What's the holdup and why the backorder?

larcal

Newly Enlightened
Still waiting for the cool white models for H52, H52F and H600 & H600F. What's the holdup and why the backorder?

Those lights are not listed as out of stock on the site. Nor is the H52fw i ordered on 4th for which they took money but no shipment notice yet.

How does ZL do things? They don't tell you before you order that stuff is out of stock?

Seem to vaquely remember there were items listed as back ordered last week but not now. Maybe not

bluemax_1

Enlightened
I've had my H52W for some time now (since IS's initial batch). Been using it with a 14500 every night since then and switched between all 6 set modes numerous times. It's been working great with no problems.

Max

LEDburn

Enlightened
I just noticed that when using a 14500 that all 3 of the H2 modes flicker on mine and was hoping a few others could possibly check theirs!?

I hope it is just mine as I really want another one instead of a refund ;)

markr6

Flashaholic
What does "preflash" refer to? When you click to get to low but get full power?

Knaver

Newly Enlightened
I just noticed that when using a 14500 that all 3 of the H2 modes flicker on mine and was hoping a few others could possibly check theirs!?

I hope it is just mine as I really want another one instead of a refund ;)
I will be getting my 14500's any day now and I will check.

I was using my h602 yesterday, and I had a flicker on the h2 setting for a few minutes, but then it went away... What brand of batteries are you using??

markr6

Flashaholic
when you tighten the tail cap on a new battery, they give a small single flash.

Isn't that normal? I thought that was some sort of indication of a good contact/good battery. I've probably had 12 Zebralights so far and they all do that except for the newest ones (H600wII, SC600wII, and maybe the SC52w but don't remember for sure)

cyclesport

Enlightened
Isn't that normal? I thought that was some sort of indication of a good contact/good battery. I've probably had 12 Zebralights so far and they all do that except for the newest ones (H600wII, SC600wII, and maybe the SC52w but don't remember for sure)

It's a common phenomenon on many lights but not an intentional design feature. Depending on the light it can occur while swapping batteries, switching modes, sitting the light down on a hard surface or...I once had an old Olight that sometimes flashed just picking it up after being dormant for awhile. Unsure of the exact cause, but it's been commented on for years in posts with a variety of lights... I always thought it was just driver glitches.