Gladius Night-Ops XP-G2

- XP-G2 R5 on 16mm pcb
- modified metal 27mm OP reflector
- custom made alu reflector holder

Enjoy :)

Last edited:

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure if its because I'm on my phone or what, but the last three pics are broken :(

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not for me except for the first one. Even when I click on the photo and actually to go photobucket, it doesn't display for me.

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
all photos work for me on my laptop.

what emitter did it originally have? it looks like you did some very clean work!

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
all photos work for me on my laptop.

what emitter did it originally have? it looks like you did some very clean work!

Thanks tobrien and Mattaus for letting me know the photos are visible now. :thumbsup:

I think original was a LuxIII but the light was modded already with a Seoul P4. :)

dinokay

Enlightened
Awesome, what exactly does the mod do compared to the original? The reason I ask is because I bought the Gladius when it was first released (years ago) and it sits in a box because it never worked right. When I turn it on, it blinks every so many seconds and I was told it's normal.

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome, what exactly does the mod do compared to the original? The reason I ask is because I bought the Gladius when it was first released (years ago) and it sits in a box because it never worked right. When I turn it on, it blinks every so many seconds and I was told it's normal.

From the Gladius documentation:

If the batteries run low, the intelligent power management system will signal the operator of this condition by double flashing rapidly every 15 seconds until batteries are replaced with new batteries.

The light is, thanks to the new LED, just brigther than before.

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
The XP-G2 should also make the light more efficient, and thus increase run time. At the ~1A drive current, a Seoul P4 Vf is probably about 3.3V (assuming one of the lower Vf bins like H bin). An XP-G2's Vf is probably 3.0V, or about 10% lower power consumption.

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
The XP-G2 should also make the light more efficient, and thus increase run time. At the ~1A drive current, a Seoul P4 Vf is probably about 3.3V (assuming one of the lower Vf bins like H bin). An XP-G2's Vf is probably 3.0V, or about 10% lower power consumption.

Right, forgot to mention that. :thumbsup:

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks tobrien and Mattaus for letting me know the photos are visible now. :thumbsup:

I think original was a LuxIII but the light was modded already with a Seoul P4. :)

no problem man! oh it was originally one of those older emitters? You did such a great job modding your light that I swear it looks like it came that way from the factory :D