Nitecore

mikey59

Newly Enlightened
Which nitecore torch do you boffins recommend for lamping.my needs are something with a nice tight beam and that can clearly light up rabbits eyes using a amber and red filter out to 50-60 yards

MiataTrySlide92

Newly Enlightened
Nitecore makes many throwers. Look at the different specification on their website. The ones with a higher range and higher amount of "cd" will reach further and have tighter beams. The rest of your decision comes down to exactly how much light you want down range, how much light to the sides of your target, batteries, size, runtime and cost.

y260

Enlightened
Nitecore sells a ton of lights that would suit your needs well, but then your needs are fairly basic. SRT7, MT25, P15 all come to mind. I believe they have an MT25 hunting kit which includes RGB filters, check their website.

You don't give much information as to power source or price to go by but a great throwing light is the MT-21A. Very cheap for the amount of light you get and has impressive throw for an AA light. Runs on readily available AA cells (I'd get some good quality NiMH cells and a charger) and you can get multiple filter covers for it.

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
You might want to look at the their Chameleon range which have dedicated coloured emitters. If you use a red filter you loose a huge amount of the actual output. Having a red LED is much better.

I'm considering the CR6 for rabbiting.

mikey59

Newly Enlightened
You don't give much information as to power source or price to go by but a great throwing light is the MT-21A. Very cheap for the amount of light you get and has impressive throw for an AA light. Runs on readily available AA cells (I'd get some good quality NiMH cells and a charger) and you can get multiple filter covers for it.
Has for price up to £100 and for power source running on 18650

NCP25Smilodon

Newly Enlightened
Which nitecore torch do you boffins recommend for lamping.my needs are something with a nice tight beam and that can clearly light up rabbits eyes using a amber and red filter out to 50-60 yards

I am a newbie here.. but in the case of Nitecore, I have MT25, P25 and some Nitecore flood-flashlight. For your need, I think SRT Series is a good choise.. dont need to bring such a separated filter, but since it is more costly.. I think P25 suits you best.. pretty handy since it is Nitecore product..

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
The SRT ligths definitely have good throw but unless I missed something is not going to be from the red LEDs: he'll need the filter for sure if he wants to shine a red light at 50/60 yards. I find the Chamaleon lights ugly as hell but as suggested by Subwoofer definitely arethe best option judging by the OP needs: the filter are going to significantly reduce the output so even with an SRT7! Out of the 960 stated lumens you might just get 150 lumens and barely enough throw to see as far as intended. Even the MT25 - which I suggested - might fall miserably short both in terms of brightness and throw once the filter is applied!

Last edited: