Wife wants new EDC light. How can I say no????

Onestep

Newly Enlightened
She currently has a Fenix LD01 that she uses at work everyday, nursing duties.

She has asked for something brighter, 80lm, a little bigger, not 18650 size. She would also like it to be keychainable.
She did mention a "clicky switch" would be nice too.

Thank you for your time,

BillSWPA

Enlightened
While it does not have a clicky switch, the light my wife and I both have on our keychains is a FourSevens Mini MLR2. The CR2 lithium cells really allow this light to hit the size/power sweet spot for keychain carry. Although the cell size is less common than CR123, it is a single cell light, providing more flexibility in cell selection, and Titanium Innovations can be obtained from Battery Junction for about $1/cell. I use a Nite-Ize S-biner to attach mine to my keychain, allowing for easy removal for use. My wife prefers direct attachment to the key ring for decreased risk of loss.

Last edited:

Ishango

Enlightened
How about a single AA light? Plenty of those around. Yet most are a bit brighter than what you asked. They do have longer runtime than a single AAA light. The Fenix E11 and newer E12 are nice, so are the LD10 and LD12. Also Foursevens, Nitecore, Sunwayman and plenty others have nice lights as well in this category.

ThirstyTurtle

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about an Eagletac D25A Clicky? It's still quite small, you can remove the clip and it has a good keychain connection point. Easy interface and we'll over 100 lumens with XP-G OR XM-L.

Onestep

Newly Enlightened
Great suggestions guys. Now do I try and explain all of them to her or just buy them all and let her pick one....... :)

Thank you,

ThirstyTurtle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great suggestions guys. Now do I try and explain all of them to her or just buy them all and let her pick one....... :)

Thank you,

DO NOT try to explain them all. I've tried this, ill-advised. Just pick one (or 7) and then let her see which one she likes the best. I just picked one out for my wife (iTP A3) and put it on her keychain. She said she'd never use it but after a few months she admitted to using it "all the time", so ha!

Onestep

Newly Enlightened
TT that is how the LD01 ended up on her keychain too.

Well I ordered a EagleTac D25C clicky. I think my biasis kicked in a bit. I hope she likes it, or maybe not!

BillSWPA

Enlightened

Well I ordered a EagleTac D25C clicky. I think my biasis kicked in a bit. I hope she likes it, or maybe not!

Your biases are the result of your experience as well as your knowledge of your wife's needs and preferences. Nothing wrong with that. You likely made a good choice.

ThirstyTurtle

Flashlight Enthusiast

Which emitter did you choose? Will you run it on 16340 or CR123? Just curiuos!