Dog Walking Torch for The Wife?

Witterings

Enlightened
Has anybody got any suggestions for a dog walking torch for the boss?

She doesn't want something huge, an easy pocket carry would be best and to me one of the most important things is decent runtime or she'll be charging it after every walk or forgetting and it'll keep runing out mid walk.

She's not great with technology either so switching through lots of modes probably isn't a good idea as it'll probably be left on high and kill the battery fairly quickly.

I've got an old Coast HP1 which is the perfect torch apart from the short runtime, if they did the exact equivalent and it took 3 x AAA's or an 18650 to extend runtime it'd be brilliant and don't want to spend a fortune as it's likely to drop out of a pocket one day so it won't hurt too much to replace it.

Any suggestions much appreciated.

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wife deserves the best so, Malkoff is the answer. I would choose a 16650 body paired with an MDC 3 mode head. They potted and are very simple. They will survive all the bumps and drops

Lifetime warranty. It's a light you buy one time and own forever

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think a malkoff is a bad idea in this case. And i could see charging being an issue. How about a streamlight strion? When she needs it she just grabs it from the cradle and puts it back when she home. Or the usb port. It's alway fully charged.

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think a malkoff is a bad idea in this case. And i could see charging being an issue. How about a streamlight strion? When she needs it she just grabs it from the cradle and puts it back when she home. Or the usb port. It's alway fully charged.
That's a good idea

bykfixer

Flashaholic
IMG_1945.jpeg

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Streamlight protac 90 - these little right angle lights are great for dog walking because they can be held in the same hand as the dog's lead. It runs on either a CR123A or a AA cell, I would recommend a eneloop pro for longest run time on a rechargeable cell. You can set the light up to come on in 40 lumen low mode first which will increase the run time.

Streamlight also makes a bigger version that runs on a 18650 that has longer runtime and higher lumen settings:

340pd

Newly Enlightened
Has anybody got any suggestions for a dog walking torch for the boss?

She doesn't want something huge, an easy pocket carry would be best and to me one of the most important things is decent runtime or she'll be charging it after every walk or forgetting and it'll keep runing out mid walk.

She's not great with technology either so switching through lots of modes probably isn't a good idea as it'll probably be left on high and kill the battery fairly quickly.

I've got an old Coast HP1 which is the perfect torch apart from the short runtime, if they did the exact equivalent and it took 3 x AAA's or an 18650 to extend runtime it'd be brilliant and don't want to spend a fortune as it's likely to drop out of a pocket one day so it won't hurt too much to replace it.

Any suggestions much appreciated.
Malkoff MD2 with high low switch

hsa

Enlightened
I've got to agree with the Pro Tac 90 X mentioned above. A tiny little light you can hide in the palm of your hand with a good TIR lens that puts out a great 24 degree beam and a perfect 300 lumen medium that's good for four hours. On high it is brighter than the headlights on my golf cart.

Witterings

Enlightened
Cheers for everyone's suggestions ... must admit my 1st thought was a Convoy S2 / S2+ as i use one for cycling and a couple of friends were so impressed they bought them as well and they've been going strong for about 4 years now and one of these may still be up for consideration.

Some of the other suggestions were discounted as they may be too big / not an easy pocket torch for when it's not needed and I get she deserves a good torch but I was being kind whan I said it "may" get lost ..... if the number of house keys I've had to get cut is anything to go by (now have it clipped on the dog treat bag with an extendable cord), it's not if, it's just when so my reason for looking more budget.

In looking up some of the suggestions I stumbled across Sofirn which I don't think were a name when I was a torchaholic ... are they generally considered quite good, I like the look of the SC18 ... even if she left it on high which hopefully is unlikely there's still 2.5 hours runtime, the lowest setting is 100 lumen which is a lot better than many of the others which around he 30/40 level and give brilliant runtime.
It's also easy for her to just plug it in to charge and with a spare battery in the bag should more than cater for her needs.

@DE73 ... don't know why I hadn't thought about a head torch but totally makes sense, my most used torch of all is probably an old
Manker EO3H - AA headtorch .... any suggestions what may be good?

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Malkoff is a great idea just not that one. She needs the 18650 wildcat for dog walking. Huge beam plenty of throw and brightness