Underwater Flashlight?

AndrewMueller

Newly Enlightened
My wife is going on a diving trip and we are looking for a underwater flashlight for her.
Does anyone have any ideas?

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
My wife is going on a diving trip and we are looking for a underwater flashlight for her.
Does anyone have any ideas?
Underwater Kinetics and Pelican both make dive lights.

I don't dive, but have a UK C8 and Q20 - both are good lights.
i also have a Pelican Super Sabrelite - another good choice

carrot

Flashaholic
I have a Princeton Tec League 100. It's not a great light but a pretty good one especially at the price. Ergonomics, runtime and brightness are all pretty good. Works fine for me in the cold and murky Atlantic at 135 feet. $50 bucks is hard to beat.

If I were willing to spend more money on a dedicated dive light I'd be looking at Light & Motion, particularly the new GoBe lights.

prop

Newly Enlightened
Ive got a Ledlenser Frogman I use while spearfishing. Not powerful enough for nightdives, but I've used it on nighttime dives nevertheless. Its good for peeking under rocks and other dark places during the day and the yellow color is highly visible should you drop it. Didn't cost a fortune either.

CyclingSalmon14

Enlightened
Exsopsure lights are good if you have the money, UK company, there known for bike light but recently started marine lighting to, typically there built in battery but very bright and good runtimes.

I dont know any other dive light so could not compere them to other or further comment unforantly, but I will say there bike lights are very very good if you can cough up coinage, I personly cant but half my cycling club can. and I have seen just how good they are!

climberkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
McGizmo just made some specifually for diving. Head over to the custom sub forum and check out what he has you offer. You will be hard pressed to find better machined pieces of art.

teckul

Newly Enlightened
Underwater Kinetics Aqualite eLED is quite neat if you intend shooting any video, they come in 20, 65 and 90 degree head and also now there's a UV head.

I use a 90 degree version in and out of water and i've been really impressed with it.