Foursevens Atom AL (Pics)

Kingfisher

Enlightened
Got one today and thought I'd post a couple of pics. I like the magnetic tail cap/ end as I don't already have that feature on any light so far. The glow in the dark reflector is neat. Complete flood and no hotspot - great for computer work etc. Also a headset to take this light.

1jono

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the pictures,it looks like an interesting light!
Now I'm over the "wanting the brightest,furthest reaching beam phase" I am in the market for a floody EDC with good battery life.
Quite tempted to get one myself!

Richwouldnt

Enlightened
From the photos I have seen it would be hard to find a smaller CR123 light so far as I can tell. They also do a slightly smaller CR2 battery version. I note a GB penny and a USA dime in the last photo though and wondered how the dime escaped to GB. I have some old pre decimalization Pennys and they were huge coins.

ven

Flashaholic
:cool:pics,i remember gunga doing a superb family review of the atom lights,really like the look of that AL :naughty: think i need one in my life:)

TweakMDS

Enlightened
Looks like a perfect computer / under the desk / server room light. The two modes seem perfect for that as well, might have to pick one up just for that.
A shame it doesn't run on 16340's though...
EDIT: it does.

Last edited:

TweakMDS

Enlightened
Same here! Sorry about the misinformation, I was just going by the packaging without research. Reviews confirm it very much works with 16340.

Richwouldnt

Enlightened
Just got mine and I do not think that I have ever seen a light that was so totally a flood output. No discernible hot spot at all. Closest comparable as far as beam pattern is concerned are some zoom adjustable lights in widest beam mode but they are HUGE in comparison to this little item. I will be using it, or the slightly smaller CR2 battery version as a key chain or neck chain carry light as the 6 lumens output with no hot spot should be great for illuminating doors for using keys and similar uses. Certainly the smallest CR123 or 16340 light I have seen with really great battery life in low output mode.

radiopej

Enlightened
I love mine. Only a few gripes so far:

1) once you add the split ring, it doesn't attach to the headlamp kit any more. Anybody found a way around that?

2) Takes 16340, but a) my protected cells have a tight fit and lose the high mode b) my unprotected cells go off>low>off>high. I don't know if it's some kind of issue that may eat up battery or be dangerous from shorting (or may even be useful this way), so clarification would be good.

3) Only had it about a day and the oring gets snagged by the head some times.

Aside from this, it's amazing. I use it on my necklace. Somewhat heavier than my old Nano-copy, but the gains are amazing.

Last edited: