• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

I dig the QTC.....

Screwdriver

Newly Enlightened
The thing I like most about my Eiger is the QTC.....I like the quirkiness and the fact that Peak would use this tech knowing that some will diss it. I have more consistent lights, but the QTC Eiger is almost like a life form. I really like it.

pmek5

Newly Enlightened
Good point. I have older Eigers & they are my favorites, but just got my first QTC in a 10180 & 1 x Eiger. I too agree; they are a little quirky/finicky, but I like the fact Peak thinks outside the box.

whill44

Enlightened
Peak sent me a replacement QTC for my el capitan which has never worked as it should. I received the new body (with new pill) and tried it out. It worked much better but still "quirky". I cleaned the threads (found a ton of small hard material in them have no idea what it was) with a tooth brush and let me tell you it's silky smooth and ramps up and down just like a control ring light. Best QTC revision so far. I now like it better than my maratac aaa.

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also really like QTC. Can't dial in an output or exactly repeat an output. It may flicker when setting an output. But it is efficient and the fail mode is total output. I like it even if it isn't perfect.

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
One of my favorite things about QTC in lights is that the QTC somehow works perfectly with light's logarithmic scale of increasing brightness.
What I mean is that on lower levels I can increase brightness 1 lumen at a time with little twist.
At higher levels, the same little twist will give me 30- 40 lumen increase which is a more appropriate visual increase at the higher levels.
To the eye this gives a smooth gradual increase in brightness from zero to full brightness.

Screwdriver

Newly Enlightened
One of my favorite things about QTC in lights is that the QTC somehow works perfectly with light's logarithmic scale of increasing brightness.
What I mean is that on lower levels I can increase brightness 1 lumen at a time with little twist.
At higher levels, the same little twist will give me 30- 40 lumen increase which is a more appropriate visual increase at the higher levels.
To the eye this gives a smooth gradual increase in brightness from zero to full brightness.

I agree

I see you are in the SFV......Valley Village here....raised in Canoga Park/West Hills.

Screwdriver

Newly Enlightened
Well the QTC in my SS Eiger w/MS got super wonkey. When I slowly turn the head it will pop on to say 50 lumens, as I keep tuning it, it will turn off for a brief moment and then start at say 10 lumens. As I keep turning it will flicker then pop on full. If I rolled it in my hand horizontally, it would jump from 1 lumen to 50 every quarter roll....

I cleaned the threads, shook the body with head off and battery in like a salt shaker and all is well.

These remind me of a 57 Chevy 210 Post that I owned.....still love them.....:thumbsup: