• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

McClicky Pak 1x123 minimum OD?

IsaacL

Enlightened
Can't seem to find the answer anywhere on the forum.

The reason I ask is because I'd like to have a one bored for 18350 cells but I don't want the walls to be too thin.

DrunkenDonut

Newly Enlightened
Just a quick ruler estimation on mine, it looks to be 19.5 mm. I don't have my calipers handy.

Seems to be mighty mighty close so it would be better to get a proper measurement, but it sounds thinner than I'd be comfortable with.

Might be cool if you can do it. Curious, what's the capacity difference between the 18350 and 16340?

IsaacL

Enlightened
Thanks for checking.

AW IMR 16340 = 450mAh

AW IMR 18350 = 730mAh

Both numbers are calculated at 3A drain.

The real difference is maximum current. The 16340 has a max continuous discharge rate of 4A, the 18350 can go up to 6A. My OR Triple draws 4.65A on high.

Basically, an IMR 18350 is the smallest cell I can (safely) use.

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic
Moddoo makes an E-series 18350 tube ....

EDIT - Never mind, looks like you are wanting an alternative to the Moddoo

I think the main issue is that, without the "split body" design, the threads get too thin :(

Last edited:

BarryG

Enlightened
Efest has an IMR cell listed at 700mah. They seem to be well respected on here. Not certain of discharge rate.

Barry

DrunkenDonut

Newly Enlightened
Sorry it took some time. My light looks to be just over 0.775" or 19.68-19.7 mm smallest outside diameter.

Check a few of your batteries and discuss with the machine shop to see if it's doable with some margin. I've recently seen some very thin walled ti tubes but YMMV. Good luck.

DrunkenDonut

Newly Enlightened
Oh, and just to clarify, I only have ONE sample. I don't know how consistent it will be amongst different batches of the clicky paks. I imagine it'll be the same or very very close but I simply don't know.

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry - cannot check myself right now - but suggest you look under the precision works subforum (below)

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?137-PrecisionWorks

I know he's got a thread in regards to at what he can and cannot do, some specific to the Haiku (okay not a mcclicky pak) - but he does talk thread diameters versus battery diameter.

I have a 2-pak mcclicky that I can fit an AW 17670 in, but the silver label has to be off & the fit is tight (I need to swing the pak to get the battery to move).

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I measured 17.10 I.D. , 20.42 O.D. of threads, 20.00 O.D. narrowest part of body. You would probably need 18.40, that's what I measured the Oveready e2e copper triple. The aluminum is holding up fine so the ti should be good.