*new* Olight S10R, S15R and S20R

kj2

Flashaholic
Just saw these on Olight Facebook page.

pasyhuje.jpg

Don't know specs yet but looks like you can cradle-charge them :)

Last edited:

NorthernStar

Enlightened
Re: *new* Olight S10R and S20R

Great find,Kj2!

I'd like to see full specs of these lights!:) I wonder if these S10R and S20R will replace the regular S10 and S20 or be an option to these? I wonder if the S10R and S20R will have tail magnets besides of the cradle charge feature? If they don't have tail magnets, i think i will stick to the old ones.

Last edited:

kj2

Flashaholic

I wonder if these S10R and S20R will replace the regular S10 and S20 or be an option to these?
Don't think the R-version will replace the regular S10/S20. If I read correctly, I read on the S20R tail; Do not use unspecified batteries.
So this one comes with a Olight-battery.

NorthernStar

Enlightened

I could not see such tiny text earlier when i surfed with my celluar phone, but now when using a PC i can see the text. It looks for sure that the S10R,S15R, and S20R is a separate series.:) I like that Olight chooses to use what looks like to be a magnetic USB charging connection that is more resistant to water, rather than the micro-USB with a rubber flap cover that is less resistant. I look forward to see more specs and a review of this series.

Last edited:

kj2

Flashaholic

Just visited the Olight distributor here. He had prototype sample of the S10R, S15R and S20R. As far as I could see, the only thing changed is the charging-part. Because it's still a prototype, he couldn't talk about it. Charging-dock was real small though :)

NorthernStar

Enlightened

I wonder if the S10R, S15R and S20R will have magnets in the tail besides of the charging features?:thinking: I hope so, because then i will get either a S10R or a S20R.

Last edited:

kj2

Flashaholic

I wonder if the S10R, S15R and S20R will have magnets in the tail besides of the charging features?:thinking: I hope so, because then i will get either a S10R or a S20R.

Prototype I saw still had a magnet :)

Last edited:

NorthernStar

Enlightened

Prototype I saw still had a magnet :)

Sounds great!:)

Regarding the text "Do not use unspecified batteries" when looking at the picture in this thread i have some thoughts.In the other thread about the S10R, S15R and S20R the picture showed that these lights can indeed be used with optional RCR123,14500 and 18650 batteries which i really hope is correct. Can anyone verify if one has to use custom li-ion batteries with these lights, or if one can use optional?:thinking:

Last edited:

djtzar

Newly Enlightened

Looks interesting , any idea on ETA on these ?

NorthernStar

Enlightened

Great find,Kj2!

I wonder if the tailcap and the charging station will be sold separately so that one can upgrade the old versions of the S10 and the S20?

kj2

Flashaholic

Great find,Kj2!

I wonder if the tailcap and the charging station will be sold separately so that one can upgrade the old versions of the S10 and the S20?

What I heard is that these aren't the same. So adding charging tailcap won't work. Of course, that applies to the prototype.

NorthernStar

Enlightened

What I heard is that these aren't the same. So adding charging tailcap won't work. Of course, that applies to the prototype.

I see!

Well, let´s hope that the final lights will have the possibility to have interchangeable tailcaps with the old versions.

merbau

Newly Enlightened

kj2: about the picture where the three torches are side-by-side: S10R seems really thin, compared to S15R. My S10 (16340) is way thicker than S15 (15400). Any idea what kind of batteries these R-versions will be compatible with?

kj2

Flashaholic

kj2: about the picture where the three torches are side-by-side: S10R seems really thin, compared to S15R. My S10 (16340) is way thicker than S15 (15400). Any idea what kind of batteries these R-versions will be compatible with?

Using the same batteries as the non-rechargeable do. But I do see your point. That S10R looks very thin on that pic. Have seen it in real life. It's the same as the regular S10 only with the charging option.

GoingGear.com

Enlightened

Using the same batteries as the non-rechargeable do. But I do see your point. That S10R looks very thin on that pic. Have seen it in real life. It's the same as the regular S10 only with the charging option.

That's not to scale. Why would they make three different chargers? The S10R is pretty much the same size as the S10.

kj2

Flashaholic

That's not to scale. Why would they make three different chargers? The S10R is pretty much the same size as the S10.

Who said there will be three different chargers? People.. The only thing that changes on the outside, is the charging tailcap.
The charging-dock I saw was able to charge the S10R as well the S20R. I have see all three of them.