Rating Flashlight Merchants

Status
Not open for further replies.

appraisal

Newly Enlightened
I wanted to give feedback to members on a recent problem with a merchant. I couldn't find a forum for it so I'm posting here!

GearBest - I recently bought a Nitecore EA41 from them. Got a nice price. Customer service is horrible. I wanted to warn other members and GearBest doesn't post negative reviews on their site (!) so I'm trying to warn people here.

The quick story: I bought the Nitecore EA41. It took 2 1/2 weeks to arrive. When it did, the rubber cap which covers the switch and labels it was on backwards. Sounds minor, but it gets very confusing and annoying. So I contacted GearBest. After several emails the best they could do was tell me to pay for return shipping to China (!) and they would try to fix it. Couldn't give me any idea how long all this would take.

So: If that's the kind of service you're OK with, use GearBest. For me, a nice price is quickly overshadowed by a defective product, wasted time on numerous emails, and spending money on shipping/replacement.

Norm

Retired Administrator
Cheers and Jeers in the Marketplace please.

The MarketPlace requires a separate registration. Your CPF registration doesn't work there. You can reuse the same User Name and Password when you register if you wish – Norm

Status
Not open for further replies.