twin task rechargeable

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey ! That sucker has the 3/6 LED's of the Nuwai lights ! There is a misprint on the run time showing the number of LEDs though. The pics show 6 LEDs.

Being rechargeable is nice, but results in poor run time vs the 2L model.

Bravo25

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
CalgaryGuy said:
I checked with www.brite-lite.com, the Canadian outlet. They said that they can get that light on request.

Does anyone know if that light can take 2 CR123A battery?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, what he said!

CalgaryGuy

Enlightened
Bravo25, Who said what?

Cabindriver said that Streamlight doens't sell the light to public.

Then I email to Brite-Lite and they said that they can get that light in if I want to buy it (or anyone wants to buy it).

Catapult

Enlightened
Looks like Streamlight is following the footsteps of Nuwai. The size and operation is very close to the TT 3C and the Nuwai AN 606. The price and runtime is on par with the Nuwai AN 606. Since it is rechargable, I doubt that you could use 123's in it: there would be a large gap if you try, and it appears to be 3.6 volts (the enlarged image allows you to see the label on the NiCad cells).

Nuwai does NOT make the Twin Tasks, but this configuration really resembles that of the AN 606. Both lights look different, but the charger and the battery looks almost the same.

Gman

Enlightened
I have the Nuwai version from Cabelas. Looks to be pretty much the same thing. It's nicad powered and won't take 123s. I'm going to put it up for sale soon if anyone is interested.

fred0109

Newly Enlightened
This light is what Streamlight is using to market to large vendors such as Bass Pro and Cabelas. They are planning to pitch it to Home Depot in early 04. As of right now the light is not available to any other of Streamlight's distributors, except those mentioned above. Yes, the light is made by Nuwai in China and distributed by Streamlight. I do have this info first hand and cannot disclose in the open forum(pm for details).
On another note, as of this time the only LED/Xenon rechargable light that Streamlight will acknowledge in their product line is the SL-20XPLED.
Hope that this helps.

Bravo25

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
CalgaryGuy said:
Bravo25, Who said what?

Cabindriver said that Streamlight doens't sell the light to public.

Then I email to Brite-Lite and they said that they can get that light in if I want to buy it (or anyone wants to buy it).

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry I was just wondering if this light would run off regular 123's, even with a spacer.

Catapult

Enlightened
So Nuwai does make the Streamlight's Twin Tasks. I like the shape of the TT better than Nuwai's. I guess Streamlight might decide to release a 123 version of the TT 3C since Nuwai already has that light (AL 606) in their product line.

Even with a spacer, I wouldn't try 123's in it, unless you plan to mod it. It's a 3.6 volt light. Using 123's could very well kill the LED's and the bulb. If you're still interested in using lithiums in this version, try the Nuwai AL 606.

Bravo25

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is interesting. I am looking for a rechargeable that can use regular lithiums as well. I checked http://www.nuwai.com.tw/ and it reports that bothe the 123A version, and the rechargeable both use the 3.6v bulb. So is this one different?

Catapult

Enlightened
I suspect what Nuwai stated on their website that the AL 606 bulb is rated 3.6V 1.9A is a typo. If you scroll down to the RL 606, which is basically the same light with a different body, it states 4.8V 0.9A. On Quickbeam's Flashlight Reviews site, he reports that the bulb is also 4.8V 0.9A, which is different than Nuwai's stated rating on the AL 606.

The AL 606 and the AN 606 does not use the same bulb.

Catapult

Enlightened
Also, one might think that changing out the bulb of the AN 606 to the AL 606's bulb might work, but that may not. In the AL 606, the bulb is rated 4.8V, while it is pumping 6V into it. I think the light is resistored down somewhere in there, otherwise, the bulb and the LEDs would blow.