Primaries only, what lights?

cdaMONSTERS

Newly Enlightened
I edc a milky l1/e2. This is and 2 quark 2xAA's are the only lights that I use rechargeable cells in. I have settled on G2's with M61L's in the vehicles, and a 3x123 with m61l in my emergency bag. I am really considering adding a thrower to the mix. I am much more concerned with durability, that output and am leaning towards a Surefire. I really am not to knowledgeable about the bigger Surefires, as I have always leaned towards pocket rockets. Two modes would be great, as we all love choosing between runtime and output. What light would you choose to keep in your truck, that ran efficiently with primary cells?

BowHunter1

Newly Enlightened
I keep a Fenix LD41vn in my truck. Runs 4AA. Decent throw, Reliable, case does not get as cold during winter and I like the shape of the light. Fits my hand nicely

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast
You seem to be happy with Malkoff. How about an Elzetta with a Malkoff M60 drop-in with a high/low tailcap?

NotSoBrightBob

Newly Enlightened
If you're really sold on Surefire the P3X or P2X is nice and I think they both come with a two mode model. The Tactical models I think are just a single mode. If you want to venture outside of surefire I love my Nitecore EA41 on 4x Lithium disposables.

dss_777

Enlightened
As you, I prefer the G2 LED with Malkoff M61L drop ins. They have longer runtimes due to being more efficient than equivalent Surefires, I really like the Nitrolon bodies, and think it's a perfect car light. Mine are yellow bodied FYL versions, but have the original twisty tails caps. The clicky tail caps were donated to other lights used for more serious social purposes.

If I were starting over, I'd probably just get a CR123 Malkoff MDC variant and call it a day. No messing around with drop ins and stuff.

markr6

Flashaholic
I recently decided to swap 18650 for 2xCR123 in my PD32UE. This light sits in my Jeep year-round and gets used about...well, it doesn't! I don't like primaries, but in this application, it just makes sense.

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you're really sold on Surefire the P3X or P2X is nice and I think they both come with a two mode model. The Tactical models I think are just a single mode.If you want to venture outside of surefire I love my Nitecore EA41 on 4x Lithium disposables.

Edited by Chump for the good part. :p