If Zebra only made a 2 x AA light...

gdwtvb

Newly Enlightened
I've been using Nimh rechargables, usually Eneloop AA and AAA, for at least fifteen years. I have plenty and run all my lights on them. I still own and use my first zebralight. (10 years old or more maybe?) I just recently bought another, not because I needed another, but I always wanted the headlight model.(But I have more headlights than I need too.) I'm partial to 2X AAA LED penlights and one or another is usually in my shirt pocket. (Waiting on a Reylight that should be here soon.) Maratac and Fenix single AAA lights are scattered about. (I even have a Fenix E99 ti model.) These small lights, the strongest powered by a single AA eneloop battery, have provided more light than I've ever needed. That said, I would like to get a 2x AA flashlight. I was looking at the Fenix E20 and the Foursevens Quark QK2A (The foursevens light isn't currently available.) I'll go up to about $100. Must run on Nimh AA batteries. Like the title says, if only Zebralight made a 2x AA light... reliability is more important than total output. At least three output levels, but I almost never use moonlight mode. I do like the great CRI of some of these newer LEDs. Strobes and stuff I can take or leave, no opinion either way. What other options should I be looking at?

Thanks!

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast

20% coupon available. Also should be in stock soon. These Malkoffs are highly reliable, made in USA, lifetime warranty, excellent customer service, and potted.

Based on your criteria, this may be exactly what you're looking for.

gdwtvb

Newly Enlightened

20% coupon available. Also should be in stock soon. These Malkoffs are highly reliable, made in USA, lifetime warranty, excellent customer service, and potted.

Based on your criteria, this may be exactly what you're looking for.
I signed up for notification. Thanks.

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
I still like this format. I'd buy a Zebra 2xAA if it was available. I bet it would be really small and light for a 2xAA, although realistically a 18650 is so much more powerful and has more capacity for the size, that a 2xAA would be a hard sell.

You should consider a Convoy T4. It's big, heavy and fat for a 2xAA light, but even so it's really nice and comes in a wide variety of LED emitters.
Around $20 if you are willing to wait a few weeks from China.

Here is a review:

The Fenix E20 is pretty nice and simple if you like a cooler tinted light. It is much smaller than the convoy. I think it's the smallest 2xAA light I've ever seen.

gdwtvb

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all the replies and suggestions. I just ordered a Malkoff MDC HA 2AA flashlight with the neutral 4000k emitter. It looks like this light is specifically made to be what I am after; a reliable light that is designed to use 2 AA NiMh cells. (with the option for lithium AA disposables for leaving in the car during winter.) Exactly what I was loking for. I also recently recieved my new Reylight 2AAA penlight in Ti and a new Zebralight H53c N headlamp. I never expected to buy three flashlights in just a few weeks. I doubt I'll buy any more for a couple years.

Grizz

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for all the replies and suggestions. I just ordered a Malkoff MDC HA 2AA flashlight with the neutral 4000k emitter. It looks like this light is specifically made to be what I am after; a reliable light that is designed to use 2 AA NiMh cells. (with the option for lithium AA disposables for leaving in the car during winter.) Exactly what I was loking for. I also recently recieved my new Reylight 2AAA penlight in Ti and a new Zebralight H53c N headlamp. I never expected to buy three flashlights in just a few weeks. I doubt I'll buy any more for a couple years.

Grizz
With that Malkoff you won't need to. It's an awesome light with perfect output levels in my opinion. Pared with your Zebra headlamp you're set.