What are the extremes in your collection?

magellan

Honorary Aussie
I'm thinking of size and/or output here.

On the one hand, I love tiny pocket lights and have a ton of them that take CR2 sized batteries or smaller (10180, 10220, 10280) such as the tiny Steve Ku lights, Veleno Designs Quantum D2, Veleno Designs Helix Zi, DQG Fairy and DQG Spy, Lummi Orb Wee, etc. At the other extreme I have a few big lights such as my Polarion PH40 HID CSWL light at 40 watts and 4000 lumens, and my Eye40Vn with 7000 LM on turbo mode.

What are your extremes?

Last edited:

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would have to go with my Acebeams. X60 & X60M in shear size and output. Whenever a non flashaholic see them in action they are blown away.

On the other end of the spectrum, My DQG TiSpy gets the same attention when folks see it in action.

chipwillis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have 1 Polarion and a Surefire Dominator UDR, but my MAC would be my extreme.

DSCN0261_zpsaad0325c.jpg

DSCN0262_zps759ac142.jpg

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
The light that gets the most "wows" from my friends is my Armytek Barracuda. Simply based on size and output, it is my most "extreme" light on the big end. On the small end, it's the 47 Mini123.

My sleeper light that also gets comments is my 6P with the single mode Nichia 219 Sportac triple. Funny though, because my most often used lights are my L1 cree and L1-RD. Neither of them "wow" the average person, because the output isn't stunning.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
my lights are made of plywood, that is extreme in itself, lol

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since I am a beginner, the extremes in my collection are not that far apart, yet. MiniMag LED at one end, and MM15 at the other.

The micro end of this spectrum does not excite me, yet; and the macro end of the spectrum is limited by carryability and the not-yet arrived future technology. So, while I await the next generation of LEDs and the Nth Generation Peta Exa Blasters that will bear them, I am focusing on filling in the gaps between the 200 and 5,000 lumen points on the spectrum.

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess that I'm an extreme flashaholic. Throw: Saabluster's Deft-X. Throw with spill: Malkoff Hound Dog. Flood: Saabluster's Rev Captor and Malkoff WildCat. Tiny: a few 10180s including Peak and DQG Spy. Eye Candy: Tain Zenith and AAA Octavino. Long runtime: Fenix E01 and Klarus MX01. Extreme general use: Oveready triples, McGizmo Haiku and Mule, and HDS Clicky and Rotary.