Repairing Magicshine MJ-810 - LED replacement

duncdiver

Newly Enlightened
I have a two year old MJ-810 whose LED had become much dimmer and discolored. Another unit, purchased at the same time, is still running strong. This happened as the torch was often used out of water in hi beam. Although I have unscrewed the front bezel and battery portion, it is unclear how to remove the lamp assembly for replacement. Magicshine has been zero help (as in "no reply"). Where the battery makes contact, I see a couple small holes for a deep set "special tool"(?) that might be used to unscrew, or ??? near where the magnet switch is located. Any torch mechanics out there? Eventually I will need to find a source for the replacement LED.

arek98

Enlightened
This is a sign of overheating. I guess with this kind of lights QC is low and some (one you have and is still good) may be ok bot others have were poorly assembled. If LEDs are getting dimmer for no reason (same current thru) and especially discoloration then they are dying most likely because of heat. You need to check if you can replace them and if you can do that and make sure they are properly attached to heatsink.

duncdiver

Newly Enlightened
Thanks arek98 - I guess I was not clear enough. Q1. How does one remove the lamp assembly for replacement? Q2. Where can one get the parts?