What to replace my M22 Warrior with?

JWill226

Newly Enlightened
My Olight M22 warrior decided to grow legs and walk away. I love that light. It works great for me at work. I have zero complaints about it.

Now I need to replace it. I have no problem buying another one but I want to make sure before I do that there isn't something better on the market now that wasn't around when I bought my M22. The flood/throw of the M22 works great for me but is there anything similar that pushes out just a little farther with a similar amount of flood? More durable? More lumens?

Basically, can I do better and still keep the same basic size, weight, durability, 1x18650, and interface of the M22

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to the forum!
Few questions:
What kind of work do you do? Is the CRI important? EX: Electrician needs a High CRI light. Janitor may want a UV light?
What is the interface that you like on the M22? Interface can mean a lot of different things to people.
How do we know when you bought your M22? It could have been yesterday, and not much has changed since then. :) :)
Budget?? I assume the same as M22.
Where do you live? Shipping and availably?

Without knowing much, I would say, look at the following manufactures & rigs.
EagleTac M30LC2 (flexibility)
NiteCore P20 or SRT7 (multi LED)
ArmyTek Predator PRO (built like a tank)
Elzetta Bravo (built like a bank vault)
HDS 18650 Rotary (the last light you will have to buy, and you will want to kill the person who steals it)
Malkoff TurnKey XPL (you will own a super rugged light!!!) Any Malkoff is built proof
Tain Corona Ti 18650 (see why its important to have a budget listed) :)

Have fun searching those.

JWill226

Newly Enlightened
Sorry, I guess I should have been more specific. I've had my M22 for around a year. I do night security /truck maintenance for a small trucking company. I'm outside most of the night and the property is pretty dark and big. As far as the interface I like being able to go from low to high quickly with a tailcap. Also quick access to the strobe has come in handy a few times. I don't want multiple buttons or to have to treat the light like a rubix cube to get between modes. I don't need extra colored lights or anything like that. Waterproof is a must but I'm not going scuba diving with it.

The size works great for me because it will fit in my work pants pockets, the thigh pocket on my double knee carrharts, or my 24/7 tactical pants so I don't want to go much bigger.

I live in a rural part of California so I'll be ordering online and I'd like to keep the price in the $100 +/-. I may go a little higher if something really catches my eye.

kj2

Flashaholic
If you were happy with the M22, than you could order a new one. Olight did release the M23, last week. Might want to check that one, on their page.
Other options can be the ArmyTek Predator/Viking or Klarus XT11/XT12/XT15.

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you were happy with the M22, than you could order a new one. Olight did release the M23, last week. Might want to check that one, on their page.
Other options can be the ArmyTek Predator/Viking or Klarus XT11/XT12/XT15.
+1

The M23 is a nice upgrade in darn near same light package.
Sorry about your M22, great light.

M22 & M23 would make a nice pair to have, or a M23 by itself for the higher throw.

JWill226

Newly Enlightened
It seems there isn't much out there about the M23 yet. I understand it's more of a thrower but how much more then the M22. I'm really interested because of my love for the M22 but I'm wondering how much of the flood I might lose by going to the M23. A little might be ok but I don't want a pencil beamed rifle light.

Thanks for all the replies so far. It's great to be able to narrow things down a little bit.

Capolini

Banned
It seems there isn't much out there about the M23 yet. I understand it's more of a thrower but how much more then the M22. I'm really interested because of my love for the M22 but I'm wondering how much of the flood I might lose by going to the M23. A little might be ok but I don't want a pencil beamed rifle light.

Thanks for all the replies so far. It's great to be able to narrow things down a little bit.

I have both of them.

Olights specs

M22-950L/23,256CD/305M/333Yds of throw

M23-1020L/47,500CD/436M/477Yds +144 yards of throw

check out these threads below for additional info:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?402626-M23-Javelot-When-!

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?404059-M23-Javelot

If you really want throw check out Vinhs Modded work!

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?371949-V54-Light-List

Eagles1181

Newly Enlightened
Look at the Fenix PD35 tac. There are multiple button, but in tac mode you only use the tail cap.

1 click: Turbo
2 clicks: Strobe
3 clicks: Eco (Low)

kj2

Flashaholic
With the M23 you've quite some throw, and therefore a 'pencil' beam. More throw is less spill normally.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you have the bug for a new light, I can understand that. So, after you pick up a new light, fix your old one.

If it is only a year old, contact Olight. They have a great warranty/customer service department. You may just have a loose solder or wire. They may just swap your driver and you will probably be good to go.

Thats assuming it doesn't just need the threads cleaned. Have you tried some basic trouble shooting??

JWill226

Newly Enlightened
I wanted to give a little closure to this thread. I bought the M23 Javelot. It came in the mail yesterday and I used it at work last night. My first impressions is I'll be very happy with this light as well. It defiantly throws a little farther. And I noticed a little less spill when compared to the M22. It's not much less and I don't think I'll miss what spill I lost. The over all feel is the same and I'm sure this light will fit my needs just as well as the M22 did before it was stolen.

Thanks again for the advice. I don't post here much but I recognize this site as being the one and only go to site for all things lumen.

JWill226

Newly Enlightened
An interesting thing happend today. A Co worker was fired for theft. I happend to be around when they where cleaning out his locker and wouldn't you know it my M22 was in his locker. Now I have both lights.

I did some comparing. I took them both apart. There are only 3 differences I can find. The dome has been removed from the M23 LED, the design of the tailcap is slightly bigger and different, and the bezels are very slightly different shaped and colored. All of the parts are completely interchangeable except the tailcap. Considering that the switches function the exact same I would say removing the dome from a M22 would turn it into a Javelot. I'm not an expert so if you try this and it doesn't work don't come looking for me.

Last edited:

JWill226

Newly Enlightened
Since I couldn't find any reviews comparing the 22 and 23 maybe I'll try and put something together. I'm not a reviewer by any means but something is better then nothing I guess. I'm just happy to have the 22 back

IGC

Newly Enlightened
Great to hear you got your M22 back after it was lifted. Just curious, are the bezels interchangeable between the M22 and M23? Thank you.