HQ lights I can't see myself using anymore

Limey Johnson

Newly Enlightened
Yup, we all go through it I guess. We have that handful of lights that ANY non-flashaholic would love to have, but due to circumstances they have been put into the background.

Since my Olight Purchases of my M2X and M3XS Javelots, alot of my stuff has laid unused.

Before these lights, my Armytek Predator was my go-to light for general "play" and use.

I have a Tiny Monster clone I can see myself using, but aside from that, I gave away a Fenix TK35 to my girls' son, I have a TK15 and a TK21 I can't see myself using any time soon, neither of which has any real use, just play time.

I have 3 Maglite 3D Led lights, a few Colemans, a Streamlight or two, and they have all been rendered uninteresting with newer more powerful stuff.

ugh. I'll be okay in a power outage I guess.

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pretty-much all my cool white lights I hardly use anymore, even though some of them are great lights and have a nice UI.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
I have a lot of lights, but, they get used fairly regularly, albeit some are more specialized and were never used OFTEN, but always for their niche, etc.

I tend to upgrade, so, I may have several versions of a niche covered, with the oldest/earliest upgrades, relegated to back up or back up of back up status, etc.

So, as 1 lumen is pretty much still one lumen, even many years later...if I need 1 lumen, the older 1 lumen light can still do the job, etc.

For long-term power outages, putting together larger search parties, etc...everything I have might be used at the same time.

:D

Parrot Quack

Flashlight Enthusiast
For long-term power outages, putting together larger search parties, etc...everything I have might be used at the same time.

:D

And when that day comes, as modern day flashlight preppers, we will have our flashlights at the ready.

Me+Light=Addiction

Enlightened
We have a Giveaway Thread here one the forum, hint hint ;)

But I understand your point, I also have lights I barely use. When i'm completely done with a light I sell it or give it away, the ones I have now I can't get rid of just yet :p

Parrot Quack

Flashlight Enthusiast
....the ones I have now I can't get rid of just yet :p

If you work on your aerobics, you'll be better equipped to run the people down so they can't get away from you.

"Come here! I'm doing you a favor. I want to give you my flashlight."

.....:p

I don't get rid of my lights. I love my lights. I'm a sick puppy who needs to get out more. :p

kj2

Flashaholic
Applies to me too. Many lights and use only a few of them. Most of them I can't sell, am too attached to them :grin2:

Me+Light=Addiction

Enlightened
If you work on your aerobics, you'll be better equipped to run the people down so they can't get away from you.

"Come here! I'm doing you a favor. I want to give you my flashlight."

.....:p

I don't get rid of my lights. I love my lights. I'm a sick puppy who needs to get out more. :p

Lesson 101 on how to get the cops called on you. :p

Although I do often jog at night with atleast 2 flashlights on me and wonder what people think when they see a bright light being shone around at jogging speed :eek: very late aswell as now in summer the sun is out way too long :p

Parrot Quack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lesson 101 on how to get the cops called on you. :p

Although I do often jog at night with atleast 2 flashlights on me and wonder what people think when they see a bright light being shone around at jogging speed :eek: very late aswell as now in summer the sun is out way too long :p

I gave up on lights and went to a reflective belt. Believe it or not, the reflective belt made a difference in cars being able to see me.

I often wondered what a cop would have thought if after a few blocks, just about the time they caught up to me, I dropped it down to a five minute pace. :naughty::naughty:

Last edited:

uofaengr

Enlightened
My Maratac copper AAA after experiencing tints I like better. Trying to sell the thing as we speak.

markr6

Flashaholic
I just got my TM16vn, and already have it sitting around. I don't have a use for it...but it's a great light so it's a keeper! I almost want to move to the country so I can use throwers more appropriately :)

I'm hesitant to admit it but my Surefire X300 Ultra has pretty much been benched. I love the quality of the light and the superb beam it throws, but I much prefer the interface of my Inforce lights. For handguns the APL is much better than the SF; it's considerably shorter which is great since most of my guns have short dust covers/lower frames. The APL doesn't stick out past the muzzle like the SF so it stays cleaner. On my AR I prefer the Inforce WML, too. The switch is a lot better, more intuitive. The X300U has more power and a longer throw which would be great for hog hunting, maybe military use, etc. But for the way I like to run a carbine the Inforce just works better.

diwade27

Newly Enlightened
For long-term power outages, putting together larger search parties, etc...we will have our flashlights at the ready.
Dien

Parrot Quack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup, we all go through it I guess. We have that handful of lights that ANY non-flashaholic would love to have, but due to circumstances they have been put into the background.

Myself? I'm a collector. I collect this and I collect that. The older I get, the smaller the things are that I collect; space issue. OTOH, my wife hates clutter. The man-cave is a sort of neutral zone. I live with the dust and the collections and she keeps the rest of the house for herself and I oblige her in any way possible.

Happy wife, happy life. :D

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pretty-much all my cool white lights I hardly use anymore, even though some of them are great lights and have a nice UI.

Yeah, if they are not worth modding to neutral, I've sold them off. Last one is the EC11 I have for sale in the forums right now. I have a EC11 Vinh neutral mod coming to replace it.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
I must have half a dozen lights that are fantastic but just sit...waiting for that one power outage or sudden urbex adventure.

sarge1967

Newly Enlightened
My Surefire EL-1 Outdoorsman and E2D Executive Defender are not used at all any longer. I have lights that use rechargeable cells so the CR123's don't get purchased anymore.

beaconterraone

Newly Enlightened
I love tint snobs!!
Makes the CWs even cooler to buy at cheap rates.

Indeed! I can respect the love for NW, but I just took Tixx's EC11 off his hands for a substantial discount off normal prices. :thumbsup: