Recent purchases, and my excuses (I like EggWeight lights)

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
8k8QxCN-1.jpg

The White TS10 on the left uses 14500 LiIon, it has a tailswitch that I find easy to use, and a floody beam. it sits on my desk, when it is not in my pocket. The Aux lights make it easy to find in the dark, and it has some of the lowest possible low modes of any light Ive owned.

The Green SC21 Pro has an illuminated button and a tailmagnet, it sits on top of my fridge in case there is a power outage. Or, because it has built in USB-C charging for 16340. I can pair it w my 16340 HDS when I travel.

The Orange H150 is dual fuel AA/14500 with built in USB charging for LiIon. It has an efficient regulated driver w no PWM. It is in my car emergency kit, with its headband and spare Lithium Primaries and Eneloop..

The White D2 runs on 14500, and has a white and a red LED. It also fits the headband of the H150, and the F12 flat top I use in the D2, can be charged in the H150. It has an efficient regulated driver w no PWM. It is in my pocket

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
EggWeight?
Flashlights that weigh the same as an egg?
yes.. lol

Egg weight and sizes
New SizeWeight*Old Size
Very Large73g +overSize 0 Size 1
Large63 - 73gSize 1 Size 2 Size 3
Medium53 - 63gSize 3 Size 4 Size 5
Small53g + underSize 5 Size 6 Size 7

Monocrom

Flashaholic
TS10 is an interesting light. After I got mine, I realized I definitely don't want a complicated, one-button U.I.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
TS10 is an interesting light. After I got mine, I realized I definitely don't want a complicated, one-button U.I.
I respect your choice

if youre inclined to share what part you found complicated, Im curious what you found difficult to do. Im happy to help if you have questions.

I agree Anduril has a very complex programmable UI, similar to HDS. But programming is optional.

Meanwhile, I just stepped out of the Time Machine, took a quick trip back to 2009 to pick up this Novatac 120P
LHEYzHG.jpg

Last edited:

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Then the two EGGsamples on the right might interest you.. ;-)

The Orange Skilhunt also works on AA, and it does not use Anduril, which I know you think is a silly UI..

I like the White D2 better, because I Love Anduril, but it does not work on AA and does not have built in charging (for LiIon).

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Then the two EGGsamples on the right might interest you.. ;-)

The Orange Skilhunt also works on AA, and it does not use Anduril, which I know you think is a silly UI..

I like the White D2 better, because I Love Anduril, but it does not work on AA and does not have built in charging (for LiIon).
You are correct. It is silly. lol. But that's ok. Enjoy your silly ui. Life is too short to take things seriously. But if it makes you feel better, there's only ever been one regulated light I like, the surefire a2 aviator. The rest aren't regulated

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Im guessing you mean the LED model.. seems nice,
for $300 you could be ready to Fly ;-)
Yuk. Why would I mean led? (Why it is my only regulated light. They're all incans)
I am only kidding. Even though incans are my preference I have many led lights. All of which are regulated. As far as andruval, the standard mode actually looks like a good u.i with an E switch. From off, Hold for moonlight. Double click for high. Click for on memory. From on, Hold for ramp. Sounds much nicer than clicking through 5 modes to get high

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hold for moonlight. Double click for high. Click for on memory
yup.. KISS

The complexity of Anduril is optional.. such as,
if you want only two modes (Surefile homage),
or if you want 12 modes (homage Zebra),
or 24 modes (homage HDS)
instead of 5, you can have as few or as many modes as tickles your fancy.

If you want the Low to be 5 lumens like a Surefire, or 0.01 like a Zebra.. the floor can be whatever you want.. same for the ceiling..

If you want memory, or no memory, or even temporary memory that only remembers for 10 minues.. all those features are optional too

if you want a bike flasher, or a strobe, or SOS, those plus more blinkies are available.. etc

If you want the switch button to be illuminated, or not.. Anduril Can Do that too
Screen Shot 2023-11-22 at 2.04.30 PM.png

Last edited:

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
yup.. KISS

The complexity of Anduril is optional.. such as,
if you want only two modes (Surefile homage),
or if you want 12 modes (homage Zebra),
or 24 modes (homage HDS)
instead of 5, you can have as few or as many modes as tickles your fancy.

If you want the Low to be 5 lumens like a Surefire, or 0.01 like a Zebra.. the floor can be whatever you want.. same for the ceiling..

If you want memory, or no memory, or even temporary memory that only remembers for 10 minues.. all those features are optional too

if you want a bike flasher, or a strobe, or SOS, those plus more blinkies are available.. etc

If you want the switch button to be illuminated, or not.. Anduril Can Do that too
View attachment 52895
Sure. But does it create the surefire 2 stage tailcap? That is the best kiss u.i. But I'm sure that tailcap alone costs more to make than most modern lights. I know most on here don't care for twisties, but I love that 2 stage tailcap. And I'm not a tactical minded guy. I just think it's neat.