Seems like all the 4 AA lights are gone

MidnightDistortions

Flashlight Enthusiast
Been trying to find more uses for my AA and AAA rechargeable batteries but it looks as if Nitecore EA41 and Thrunite TN4A doesn't exist anymore. At least on Amazon. Fenix Ld41 had an upgrade but I missed out on that too apparently.

Anything good in 4 AA or even 2AA that is potentially cheaper? I like the Thrunite TN4As moonlight feature which I have stored for an emergency.

Edit: I did potentially find one light the, COAST HP8R which functions both on the Lithium ion rechargeable pack or 4AAs. No idea though whether the 4AA option will will still output the same amount of lumens as I'll probably keep the Lithium pack stored and would be useful in a pinch to charge in the car.

Last edited:

nightshade

Enlightened
I believe letschat7 is referring to the Underwater Kinetics line. They are US made and sold, used by many fire and safety agencies. Several models utilize 4 AA cells.

th-1930499806.jpg

MidnightDistortions

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe letschat7 is referring to the Underwater Kinetics line. They are US made and sold, used by many fire and safety agencies. Several models utilize 4 AA cells.

View attachment 44723

Oh I was unaware of this. I read it like it was flashlights from the U.K. 🤣 Though in comparison to the Coast lights, the Coast ones are cheaper.

Poppy

Flashaholic
I feel your pain. I have a dozen or so AA duraloops, and Eneloops that are sitting in a drawer looking for a light to fill, or some other job. I once had a 6 or 9 cell AA light that I gave away. I bought it in Walmart, so it was either an Energizer or Ozark Trail brand. The problem in particular with multi-cell lights like that is that if ONE cell fails, it brings down the whole light. It is therefore important that you keep the cells for that light together as a group, as a set. If you mix and match them, the likeliness that you may have an older one mixed in, that has less capacity as the others, increases, thereby increasing the possibility of premature reduced output.

You might consider getting a number of cheap 3 cell lanterns, ones that you won't necessarily rely upon, but just to scatter around in the event of an outage.

turbodog

Flashaholic
Oh I was unaware of this. I read it like it was flashlights from the U.K. 🤣 Though in comparison to the Coast lights, the Coast ones are cheaper.

UK makes a 4aa light that's made for automotive work... resistant to acids, acetone, MEK, etc.

Additionally, 8 pages of aa lights...

nightshade

Enlightened
You know what? It's very understandable, the manufacturers of lights in the remnants of the US are few and far between. The foregone conclusion is flashlights are made out of the USA. UKE makes reliable lights and stand behind the product. Good enough for the folks that run into burning buildings, then it's good enough for my old, wrinkly posterior :)

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
That's why I'll never get rid of my old streamlight 4xAA poly. It's one of those certified yellow ones that run off four AA cells and I believe has a luxeon LED in there. This thing has such a deep reflector it throws really well with a nice hot spot.

louie

Flashlight Enthusiast
Right, a fair number of 4AA choices at places like Bright Guy and Battery Junction. The Streamlight Propoly is great for simplicity and customer service.

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
I live in the U.S. so not sure if that would work. Found a couple Coast lights on Amazon.
I mentioned UK because it is most certainly a light you can get in USA because it is made here. The quality is high enough that some people here have them.

I had a rebranded one back in the day. Bright Guy out of Ohio sells them.

turbodog

Flashaholic
That's why I'll never get rid of my old streamlight 4xAA poly. It's one of those certified yellow ones that run off four AA cells and I believe has a luxeon LED in there. This thing has such a deep reflector it throws really well with a nice hot spot.

Princeton tec used to make a light called the 'surge'. Was an 8 aa incan pocket rocket.

Was all polymer.

Was all good till my friend turned it bezel down on a picnic table... while turned on.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do, I had several of those dual barrels, 6AA iirc. all incandescent, tried to convert one to led, ruined it. do not even remember what happened to the rest

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
Energizer still markets multiple AA format LED lights (including their hardcase line) and so I have recently noticed a cool retro "stranger things" theme 2D cell light 👍

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not based in the USA but I note Walmart carry the "hardcase" style of Energizer multiple AA lights, not sure about anywhere else 👍
It was all Coast and store brand when I went shopping there Friday. They did sell Energizer lights at the same Walmart in the year 2000 as I bought one there back then. I feel old now.