Flashlights are like the holly grail

raggie33

*the raggedier*
You'll never find the perfect light my works ts10 is almost perfect. But dang it it can't use a normal AA battery . I love duel fuel

TimeOnTarget

Newly Enlightened
I am waiting for 3 of them to arrive. It would have been great if they could use a AA, but truthfully, we all have plenty of lights. I often have at least two lights on my person, and several others in my kit bag.

This is all supposed to be fun. We are spoiled for choice.

Burgess

Flashaholic
You'll never find the perfect light my works ts10 is almost perfect. But dang it it can't use a normal AA battery . I love duel fuel

I just received my Sofirn SP10 Pro,
which is (I am told)
the ONLY Anduril flashlight
which can run on an AA cell,
as well as a 14500.

REALLY like it so far . . . .

BTW --
this is also my FIRST Anduril flashlight !

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
Life was so much easier when my dream light was a black D cell Mag-lite with 'Aircraft grade aluminum' and it was so good the police use it.

Now I know it was just reliable, cheap, and any other D flashlight with alkaline batteries and the same bulb was just as effective with performance suffering as the batteries drain.

I think the smart people on here stop buying so many lights and just have a custom maker build exactly what they want. Now besides computers which really seemed to have peaked is there any hobby where so much radical development happens every few years?

In my lifetime I've seen different gasses being used in bulbs to the LEDs and then all kinds of battery chemistry and somehow they fit computers into the flashlights especially the tiny ones. Try going back to 1990 and telling a flashaholic that some mini light will not only have a battery that can be recharged up to 500 times but the light will have a computer inside that changes many of the functions. They probaby wouldn't believe you.

idleprocess

Flashaholic
as well as a 14500.
Hank (Emisar/Noctigon) is working on an 90º 14500 light which will almost certainly run Anduril. I'm hoping it also works with NiMH but that would be a fundamentally new driver for him.

LedTed

Enlightened
Not a "normal AA battery" but my 14505 batteries work in my TS10; albeit with diminished output.

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just received my Sofirn SP10 Pro,
which is (I am told)
as well as a 14500.

REALLY like it so far . . . .

BTW --
this is also my FIRST Anduril flashlight !
I use Eneloops in mine. The UI reminds me of one from an old school CPF edition light.

sp10s.jpg