Where are all the 1AA flashlights these days?

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I forgot all about it, thought I should mention, Maratac AA. Up to REV 6 now (though the URL hilariously reads "copy of rev 4.") I have a REV 4 in Ti. Constant current, mode memory, and, surprisingly, it has LVP for NiMH, so while it might be manufactured by Lumintop (idk for certain if that's true), it definitely isn't just another Lumintop.

Last edited:

Galane

Newly Enlightened
For a compact light Olight's i5T and i5R aren't much wider than an AA cell but are still nearly 2x as long with the emitter, circuitry, and tailswitch.

I wish they'd enbiggen the i3E into an i5E to make a single brightness, twist on light that's hardly any larger than the cell. It's almost comical putting an i3E next to an i3T, knowing that inside they both have the same AAA cell.

If Olight ever gets around tuit and makes a polished stainless i5T or i5R I'll have to get one to match my polished stainless i3T.

pancakeayaka

Newly Enlightened
Streamlight Protac 1L-1AA and Protac 90 are my favorite lights.
I also like the Olight i5T, simple and easy to carry. I wish Olight would make a thrower version of the i5T.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
071EDC1A-8262-43CD-9450-8B985DC2C9C5.jpeg

Three little numbers I use at times
- The Rofis R2 can use a special high output battery for mega output or a regular Rayovac for ordinary AA output. Can be a straight or right angle flashlight with a strong magnet on the tail. It has a side switch and uses a magnetic charge point. Can be reprogrammed or press the button a while for lock out. Comes with the special battery.

-The Manker T01 throws like a big ole Maglite via regular Rayovac or a special high output battery. This one has an unconventional on/off with a regular on, quick clicks from a side switch to change output and long press for off. Can be programmed via clicks and wiggle your toes just right. Did I mention the mega-throw aspect? Comes with the special battery.

- The Elzetta G-Line AA is a conventional output light made by JetBeam with some Elzetta upgrades. Nothing fancy, twisty head with memory. To avoid twists to change settings just tug on the head some, find your setting and twist for on. Comes with a micro usb aa battery and wrist strap.

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
View attachment 42530
Three little numbers I use at times
- The Rofis R2 can use a special high output battery for mega output or a regular Rayovac for ordinary AA output. Can be a straight or right angle flashlight with a strong magnet on the tail. It has a side switch and uses a magnetic charge point. Can be reprogrammed or press the button a while for lock out. Comes with the special battery.

-The Manker T01 throws like a big ole Maglite via regular Rayovac or a special high output battery. This one has an unconventional on/off with a regular on, quick clicks from a side switch to change output and long press for off. Can be programmed via clicks and wiggle your toes just right. Did I mention the mega-throw aspect? Comes with the special battery.

- The Elzetta G-Line AA is a conventional output light made by JetBeam with some Elzetta upgrades. Nothing fancy, twisty head with memory. To avoid twists to change settings just tug on the head some, find your setting and twist for on. Comes with a micro usb aa battery and wrist strap.
Those may be 'OK' for you, and I'm glad they are because that's what counts, but none are my 'cup of tea'; however if I had my choice of your 1xAA lights - for me it would be your Tom Thumb - hands down:)

Of course it hit the market about when I did, so I can 'relate' to it!

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Those may be 'OK' for you, and I'm glad they are because that's what counts, but none are my 'cup of tea'; however if I had my choice of your 1xAA lights - for me it would be your Tom Thumb - hands down:)

Of course it hit the market about when I did, so I can 'relate' to it!
No doubt the Tom Thumb lights were the bees-knees back in the day.
The brightest one I ever had in that platform is the 1aa Rayovac Sportsman. No lens, with slightly oversized reflector allowed those to appear as bright as a 2aa flashlight of the day.

fuyume

Enlightened
Fenix HM23 headlamp. I wish they would use this emitter in the E12.

Geo24

Newly Enlightened

Bambuino

Newly Enlightened
Have had a Sofirn SP10 for a few months and think that is a nice light. Others mentioned above, my faves also, Fenix HM23 headlamp and the ProTac 90 1L/1AA.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I've been carrying this Coast for quite a few years as you can tell. Not sure what model it is, but it looks like the current version is the HX5 and is dual fuel. I really like the sliding zoom function.

View attachment 42593
The HP1 was a jewel. And it was about $10 when I bought mine.

The first year I owned one Coast said something crazy like 250 lumens or something. A year later they said 110, which was probably close to true. I bought several and gave them away as Christmas gifts one year.

Fuzzywuzzies

Newly Enlightened
Just obtained a brand new Reylight Pineapple Mini in copper. What a brilliant little marvel of engineering. My wife has stolen it and won't give it back though!

Fuzzywuzzies

Newly Enlightened
Consider yourself lucky, because you dodged a bullet. She was trying to steal your soul!
Too late, Jesus already has that. But she stole my heart though - which is fine because I have hers. Soppy but true. Seriously though, I don't think I'm getting the Pineapple Mini back!
It's a beautiful little light, very versatile and true colour. My only hesitation in recommending it might be accidental activation, as the tail switch protrudes unguarded. I'm now very interested in buying a Reylight LanApple, if only I could find a copper one…