Where are all the 1AA flashlights these days?

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
That Skilhunt M150 is pretty damn nice. Finally picked one up a little while ago and its what everybody says it is. Otherwise my 1AA itch is well scratched by my old 47 Atom with a 519a swap and an FM 18500/3P/P60 build

As mentioned earlier, the Thrunite Th20 is still very relevant. Decent ramping with easy access to moonlight and turbo. Plus EASY emitter swaps!

The Ultratac A1 is a very nice, lightweight, simple light. Also great for emitter swaps! But its become a bit difficult to find now.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
That Skilhunt M150 is pretty damn nice. Finally picked one up a little while ago and its what everybody says it is. Otherwise my 1AA itch is well scratched by my old 47 Atom with a 519a swap and an FM 18500/3P/P60 build

As mentioned earlier, the Thrunite Th20 is still very relevant. Decent ramping with easy access to moonlight and turbo. Plus EASY emitter swaps!

The Ultratac A1 is a very nice, lightweight, simple light. Also great for emitter swaps! But its become a bit difficult to find now.
I have a few A1s. Love them. I think one of them has an Osram in there.

mrfixitman

Enlightened
Whoops. Misread the thread title.This light is a triple a unit. Very small. For what it is, a very useful light. Only 110 lumens but good enough for most tasks. Very well made. Twist switch between modes. I would like another but it seems to be an out of stock item. This from a sellers website:
Odepro ED10 Portable Mini Rotating Penlight Key Chain Black Color Flashlight Lanyard CREE XRE-Q5 Lamp Bead EDC LED Flashlight with AAA Battery

Description:

• CREE XM-E Q5 LED, lifespan is over 50,000 hours:Used 1*AAA Dry Battery
  • ROTARY FIVE MODE SETTINGS - In just seconds, twist to switch between three brightness settings (a blinding high beam,medium beam or low beam), a strobe setting or SOS setting perfect for emergencies to signal for help
  • Lumens (brightness) and battery life:110 lumens (highlight runtime 2 hours) -50 lumens (mid-light runtime 3 hours) -10 lumens (low-light runtime 20 hours)
  • HEAVY DUTY AND WATERPROOF - Made from impact resistant aircraft grade aluminum, this sturdy professional flash light is not just water resistant - it is fully water proof; Plus it includes a strong carrying strap to keep it on hand at critical times
  • USE ANY SINGLE AAA BATTERY YOU WANT - Whether at home indoors, outdoors, cycling, fishing, riding, or for security reasons, with just a single AAA battery, you will have hours upon hours of light to guide your way in the dark. Lawrence Rhodes

Last edited:

Toulouse42

Enlightened
I have several. The Eagtac D25A Mk2 and the Lumintop Tool AA get a thumbs up from me as does the Olight i5T, although that one doesn't have a shrouded tailcap so pocket carry won't work.

The Klarus Mi7 gets a thumbs down from because of its lockout feature. I can't see how that adds any benefit.

Also the Olight S1A Baton is perfectly fine as a flashlight but I just don't like user interface or the fact that the lanyard hole is tiny.

I also have an old Eagletac P10A which is fine but old tech. The balance of size vs output means I rarely use it.

FriedTubes

Newly Enlightened
I've got a Reylight LANApple that's been working really well for me recently. Also a Streamlight 1l-1AA that I have abused for a long time. I've often considered a Malkoff 1AA to mess around with but I have so many MDC bodies already it feels slightly redundant. May still do it though

Mr. Shawn

Enlightened
I know this comment doesn't specifically address the OP, since these torches are discontinued, but I still dig my dual-fuel (AA/14500) UltraTac A1 (ignore the old epoxy on the clip), ThruNite T10, and JETBeam BA10.

The BA10 is huge for a 1AA light, but I like its simplicity of forward clicky with 2 modes (twist from 12 to 160 lumens), and it seems to be pretty durable.

However, I haven't carried these lights in quite a while, especially in the past year since 1 of 4 Wurkkos TS10s (only 14500, though) is always in my pocket or on my belt.

jQp0XoGl.jpg

Last edited:

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
I know this comment doesn't specifically address the OP, since these torches are discontinued, but I still dig my dual-fuel (AA/14500) UltraTac A1 (ignore the old epoxy on the clip), ThruNite T10, and JETBeam BA10.

The BA10 is huge for a 1AA light, but I like its simplicity of forward clicky with 2 modes (twist from 12 to 160 lumens), and it seems to be pretty durable.

However, I haven't carried these lights in quite a while, especially in the past year since 1 of 4 Wurkkos TS10s (only 14500, though) is always in my pocket or on my belt.

View attachment 43239
Agreed about the A1s. I have several.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
One I had forgotten about until the other day while dusting off a flashlight shelf is the Pelican 2350. Now, the first version was a 100 lumen with a high/strobe/low interface but tossed out like 19k candella. Mega-thrower for such a small flashlight but those 100 lumens just could not compete with today's light polluted cityscapes so Pelican upped it to 178 lumens with 9k candella.

A more evenly distributed light with ability to program out the strobe feature was a welcome change. The user is strapped to 1.5 volts yet there are plenty of options available now.

I don't know if Peli changed their warranty or not but mine came with a lifetime guarentee against everything except a bear attack and 5 year old children. Yup it actually said that on the box it came in.

If you can still find the 100 lumen version it's certainly worth the coin considering for hunting or back up search and rescue due to its high candella output.

Another now defunct model was the Klarus P1a. There was a P1c also that used 1cr123 but the P1a was a 1aa light that I used to call a poor man's Malkoff due to the hi/lo feature up front like an MD2 hi/lo. Another neat trick up front also was the e-size threads would allow some lego ability. Mine has a MDC1aa head on it at times for a hi/me/lo aspect. I don't use the light very often because a slight loosen of the tailcap makes it dead. Plumber tape helped some but I just never considered it uber reliable due to that. It got relegated to my cool factor LED light shelf.

Last edited:

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Convoy T3 is a little gem. Especially with 519A
I was wondering when Convoy would enter the thread. It is about time. Available in titanium and also bright anodized colors, emitters and color temperatures of choice, constant current circuit, and with a stylish host of novel design, Convoy T3 is pretty nice, though I still prefer the internally identical, but older, more boring and conservative, Convoy T2. Either are what 1AA seekers are really looking for, which is an absurdly small expense without compromising quality or capability. These are lights we'll want to keep a small inventory of to give away to unsuspecting kids. The question ampdude should have asked was, "where are all of Convoy's 1AA flashlight competitors?"

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
@Nicodimas sent me an awesome Olight 1AA, I think it's the i5t Eos. I'll hafta take a few action pics. Fantastic switch action, tint, and great floody beam. It's saved the day quite a few times around the SweenCave. I keep it stocked with an Energizer Lithium Primary.

Reactions: hsa

Cvrider

Newly Enlightened
I'm not a real flashlight hobby guy, but I like cool flashlights. I found that I like all the light options (bright, brighter, brightest, flash) on my 18650 lights, but prefer a simple on/off on little AA lights. What's a good aa light with simple on/off that works well with rechargeable aa batteries? Thanks!

Flynn's Arcade

Newly Enlightened
The Jetbeam PA12 is another sleeper AA, gave a couple away as Christmas presents last year. Sturdy and basic AA with respectable runtimes on dual chem.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I've still got a bunch of them, going back to the CMG and Arc AA. Haven't gotten a new one in recent years. I'd say my favorite is the Nitecore D11 V.2.

Geoff