Finally ordered an sc52w l2 last night

Mgizler

Enlightened
I have been in the fence for awhile about these lights. I had a few sc51's and loved them but ultimately sold them off to try other lights.

I have had great experiences with Zebralight in the past and hope the trend continues with me.

I have been on a AAA kick the last year or so. But realizing that I have yet to really find the perfect light for me. I have a really nice eiger ultra x that is crazy powerful but I always feel the desire for an actual switch.

I also have a few maratac AAA's and while I love them, they are lacking the power I desire.

I have come to the conclusion that I really do desire a light that is small enough to to comfortably EDC in the pocket everyday that can produce high lumens with out the use of a Lion.

So hopefully this light will live up to everything I have read about it and satisfy my needs for a little while at least.

I'll be sure to post some pictures after I get it.

holygeez03

Enlightened
You're in luck... the SC52 will run on AAA... there's another thread about it.

I assume you chose SC52 over SC5 due to smaller size?

markr6

Flashaholic
Great light! I keep mine on the nightstand next to my bed.

I didn't care much for the larger size of the SC5w, but the upcoming SC5w OP (orange peel) sound too good to resist. I'll get one ASAP.

I wish I could find my old thread on the AAA in SC52w. It was over a year ago but can't seem to locate it. I forget the details, but yes it did work. Just not very long on high obviously.

Mgizler

Enlightened
You're in luck... the SC52 will run on AAA... there's another thread about it.

I assume you chose SC52 over SC5 due to smaller size?

I don't min going up to the AA platform. I am not really worried about a AAA working in it. That's just a bonus now that I know.

I chose the sc52 over the sc5 because I want to wait till I know the sc5 is a solid performer.

Great light! I keep mine on the nightstand next to my bed.

I didn't care much for the larger size of the SC5w, but the upcoming SC5w OP (orange peel) sound too good to resist. I'll get one ASAP.

I wish I could find my old thread on the AAA in SC52w. It was over a year ago but can't seem to locate it. I forget the details, but yes it did work. Just not very long on high obviously.

Awesome. Good to know.

uofaengr

Enlightened

Oh my...dont know how I'm gonna resist this one either...
Giz, you will love the 52w. It's an amazing light quite frankly.

Mgizler

Enlightened
Oh my...dont know how I'm gonna resist this one either...
Giz, you will love the 52w. It's an amazing light quite frankly.

Thanks! I can't wait to get it. I have missed my sc51 since I sold them off some time ago.

I am sure that I will try the sc5 sooner or later. I actually like how it resembles the look of the sc600. Another light which I regret parting with.

sarge1967

Newly Enlightened
Thanks! I can't wait. I just ordered some new eneloop pro's as well.

I have been using Eneloop Pro's for a year, they are great batteries. I just got a couple of 14500's and have been using them lately. They are super bright initially but don't last near as long as the Eneloop's. They are only 800 mAh. But man 500 lumens out of such a tiny light is AWESOME if even for just a minute.

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been using Eneloop Pro's for a year, they are great batteries. I just got a couple of 14500's and have been using them lately. They are super bright initially but don't last near as long as the Eneloop's. They are only 800 mAh. But man 500 lumens out of such a tiny light is AWESOME if even for just a minute.

What kind of 14500s? Are they Sanyo UR14500p (or based on that cell)? My light runs significantly longer with a UR14500p than with Ion Cores, especially on H1. Furthermore, on H1, brightness is better sustained with a 14500.

sarge1967

Newly Enlightened
What kind of 14500s? Are they Sanyo UR14500p (or based on that cell)? My light runs significantly longer with a UR14500p than with Ion Cores, especially on H1. Furthermore, on H1, brightness is better sustained with a 14500.

They are Tenergy batteries I got free when I ordered a Fenix FD11 (a light I lost within a week) I have no idea what cells are in them. I just notice they die faster than the Eneloop Pro batteries I have.
I do plan on ordering a couple of Zebralight 14500 batteries. They are 850 mAh.

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
They are Tenergy batteries I got free when I ordered a Fenix FD11 (a light I lost within a week) I have no idea what cells are in them. I just notice they die faster than the Eneloop Pro batteries I have.
I do plan on ordering a couple of Zebralight 14500 batteries. They are 850 mAh.

I don't think these Tenergy cells are based on the Sanyo UR14500p. It's highly likely that the capacity is significantly less than 800mAH. If you want better cells, the UR14500p is the way to go. The Zebralight cells very likely use the UR14500p, and could be a good choice. Also, if you are comfortable using unprotected cells (and these Tenergys look like they are unprotected), you can buy bare Sanyo cells for MUCH less than Zebralight cells. They will probably also run your light a little longer and fit a little better.

sarge1967

Newly Enlightened
I don't think these Tenergy cells are based on the Sanyo UR14500p. It's highly likely that the capacity is significantly less than 800mAH. If you want better cells, the UR14500p is the way to go. The Zebralight cells very likely use the UR14500p, and could be a good choice. Also, if you are comfortable using unprotected cells (and these Tenergys look like they are unprotected), you can buy bare Sanyo cells for MUCH less than Zebralight cells. They will probably also run your light a little longer and fit a little better.

Like I said they were free with the purchase of a Fenix FD11, and they would not even work in that light, I realize they are probably not the best but I do see the advantage of 14500's in my sc52w now. I do appreciate the advice! Where can I find these "UR14500p" batteries?

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Orbtronic and Mountain Electronics sell the UR14500p, and in both protected and unprotected form.

Mgizler

Enlightened
It has arrived. I must say that it's a great improvement over the sc51's I've owned in the past. And I am only talking aesthetics and feel.

It cannot get dark fast enough. And my eneloop pro's need to get here!

Mgizler

Enlightened
Just tested this thing outside in the dark. Wow is it impressive with just a standard Duracell AA battery. I cannot wait to get the eneloop pro's! And I also just ordered some of the UR14600P's. Can't wait to see this beast come to life.