Need suggestions for a Spot

j333_76484

Newly Enlightened
Hello all. I have a need for a spot light. Do alot of fishing and stay out till well after sunset. In the area we fish in there are numerous bouys and channels markers, some with lights and reflective tape and some not. Also a crap load of small, gallon jug size crab/fish pot markers.

Requirements are:
Something smallish that would easily fit in a gym bag or small tackle bag.
Ability to throw a good beam out to, in the neighborhood, of 200 yards for possibly 15 minute period of time
Runs off of 18650 batteries. (As I already have a charger)
Waterproof would be nice, floating even better.
It would be great to have something that meets the above requirements AND have the option to use as a flood once back at the dock tying up lines and putting our gear away and carrying gear back to the truck.
Would like to put a $300 spending cap on it.

I was looking at the Niwalker Nova MM18 and that is looking pretty good right now but figured I would do a little more looking first and post here asking for input from you folks.

Any feedback would be most appreciated.

Jeff Smith
Lexington Park, MD

murican

Newly Enlightened
I am currently looking for something very similar. I have looked at the TN32 (as well as TN32vn) and the K40vn they seem to be pretty well liked on the forums. Both are usually under $200. Also, a friend of mine has an olight X-6 marauder which is pretty nice.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is rather hard to find a light that works well as a spotlight that also works as a great flooder. I would recommend two lights - the Nitecore TM16 for the long distance light, and the SR Mini for the flood. The TM16 is rated at 700 meters, which means an effective 250 or so, and the SR Mini is designed to be a 'wall of light' flood. Right now I've seen the SR Mini for around $65 USD, and if one waits for one of the sales, the TM16 has sold for as low as $120 USD, instead of its usual $199 MSRP.