Streamlight Ultrastinger LED

led-head

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone have any beamshots or experiences they'd like to share? I just ordered one with chargers for $90 from Botach.

Torian

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone have any beamshots or experiences they'd like to share? I just ordered one with chargers for $90 from Botach.

Did that include the charger? I used to own the original Xenon version of this (long before LED flashlights ever became the norm) and it was a great torch. The build on this however doesn't make for convenient carry.

led-head

Newly Enlightened
Did that include the charger? I used to own the original Xenon version of this (long before LED flashlights ever became the norm) and it was a great torch. The build on this however doesn't make for convenient carry.

Yes it appears to include it, although I don't need it and even if it doesn't, it's still a pretty good value.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I had one in my right hand Saturday and a credit card in my left hand.

But I excersized good judgement (for once) and just bought a couple of small items, paying cash.

It's on my list to acquire though.

Edit: opted for the smaller Strion incan to get an LED upgrade.
I'm prrrretty sure the TL 2 160 LED will work. But if not TerraLUX has a good one.

Last edited:

Lighteous

Enlightened
I also have the Xenon version of the Ultrastinger. At the time of purchase is was an awesome thrower. I eventually purchased a Terralux LED conversion kit which improved on the lumens and throw quite noticeably. However, the NiCad battery back recently croaked and I haven't been willing to part with the $30 to $40 to replace it. When such a light is needed or desired, I favor using a Malkoff Hound Dog instead and doubt I would get much use out of the Ultrastinger if I replaced the battery. I wish it had more than one level of brightness because it is too bright for a lot of uses, aside from annoying my neighbor with beamshots while he's in his kitchen!