Source for 2015 Std 5th Gen made-in-Japan Eneloops?

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone know a reputable source/dealer/reseller for:

Std 5th gen Japan
AAA BK-4MCC 2100 750mAh 750mAh 90% 1 year 2015
AA BK-3MCC 2100 1900mAh 1900mAh 90% 1 year 2015

Thanks!

(sorry for the cross post, getting no love in Sticky: Overview: All eneloop batteries; 2005-2016)

Devon

Newly Enlightened
I think these cells are pretty much the same as the 4th Gen.....the 90% 1 year claim I think has only been made in Japan.....the cells have the same part number as the 4th gen.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have bought a lot of special edition Eneloops from ChibiM over on BLF. It would be worth shooting him a message and seeing if he can get the 5th Gens.

EDIT: Ok, I just sent him a message to see for you. If and when he responds I will pop you a PM.

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have bought a lot of special edition Eneloops from ChibiM over on BLF. It would be worth shooting him a message and seeing if he can get the 5th Gens.

EDIT: Ok, I just sent him a message to see for you. If and when he responds I will pop you a PM.

Thanks, you're a monster of a generous spirit. I've seen him post around here, too, offering to help from Japan... but not lately. Nice fella.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
He got back with me. He said no more :( :( He moved from Japan. Sorry my brother. Thats why he hasn't posted lately. That is a big bummer.

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
He got back with me. He said no more :( :( He moved from Japan. Sorry my brother. Thats why he hasn't posted lately. That is a big bummer.

Well, I appreciate it anyway. Here's your karma.

While I doubt these are 2015 5th Gen Eneloops, probably 4th Gen, I came across this deal at dealnews, a coupon code for NewEgg ("EMCEGEG36"), and battled the merciless javascript at NewEgg's site to get $4 off an eneloop purchase. I always loved NewEgg, but since their web designers went to town with the js, crashing my browsers indiscriminately, I haven't been browsing there much lately.