*new* Acebeam K70: max. 2600 lumens, 1300 meters throw

kj75

Enlightened
Another thrower of Acebeam, looks like a non-rechargeable K50V3.

Personally, I prefer this design over the K50V3.
As often, no more specs and pictures found..

http://www.acebeam.com/k70-cree-xhp35-3600lm-throw-1300m

2lsiqnm.jpg

I found some info about this light a few days ago, but I think this one is worth its own thread :)

Last edited:

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dare to think that most people will see on vulfgar word removed.1.3 km distance :)

Last edited by a moderator:

kj75

Enlightened
Quote containing vulgar word removed....Bill

I always count 1/3 the distance, and hope there will soon be a thrower that has 1/3 x 1500 meters...so 500 meters "real" throw....

Last edited by a moderator:

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
It looks like another Ace Beam on my shopping list. High output and throw.

ven

Flashaholic
Really like acebeam as a brand and like the way they are going, latest led's , nice UI . Can't tell too well but possibly a control ring ? Either way it looks like a future purchase. The k60vn is still one of my fav all time lights!! Awesome light!

RemcoM

Enlightened
The Acebeam K70, will be my next light he he he!

1300 metres of throw, now, that is some serious stuff isn't it.

what a universe of difference with fenix.......who come out, with a piece of crap....zoomeable light, which has a throw of.........only......260 meters.

While ace beam does a wonderfull job, to come out with serious stuff.....a light, with 1300 meters of throw.

Yes, this is serious stuff people...IF the light, does reach REALLY, the stated 1300 meters.

xdayv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks nice! I guess this would have same 3 18650's similar to the K40M?

Xaios

Newly Enlightened
what a universe of difference with fenix.......who come out, with a piece of crap....zoomeable light, which has a throw of.........only......260 meters.

Uh, so you're complaining because, while Acebeam announced a new light that happens to be a thrower, Fenix announced a new light that neither is nor is meant to be a thrower specifically because it's not a thrower?

Do you complain whenever vehicle manufacturers announce new models specifically because they're NOT minivans? Because that's essentially what you're doing.

Nice looking light though, very aesthetically pleasing.

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
So does this use multiple XHP35 emitters? I'm checking out the XHP35 on CREE's website and they have it listed as having a max output of ~1800 something lumens. Can it be driven much higher than that? I'm guessing so since they have the XM-L2 at 1000ish lumens and it can go much higher than that. And it has the footprint of the XP-L emitter. Is this going to be the new XM-L2 "killer" very soon? It looks to be a pretty insane LED. There is even a HI version of it, but it seems like that will be the norm now after we started seeing the XP-L HI.

The size of an XP-G/2 with performance WAY beyond the XM-L2?!?!?!?!

:duh2:

Somebody said Fenix is going to either make a new thrower or "upgrade" the TK61. Slapping the XHP35 in it seems like it could make for one heck of an improvement.

Last edited:

kj75

Enlightened
I have one.The TK61vn V4 ~ 1800L/780Kcd/2100yds/1920m ! ,,,,,,,,i know that it is modded! :thumbsup:

Great, congrats!

I think I've to step into the world of modded lights :D......I only own stock versions..

Your TK61vn V4 should really reach 600-700 meters "real" throw

ven

Flashaholic
So does this use multiple XHP35 emitters?

:duh2:

Somebody said Fenix is going to either make a new thrower or "upgrade" the TK61. Slapping the XHP35 in it seems like it could make for one heck of an improvement.

Yes just the one xhp35 due to the reflector and throw.

Agree, the larger tk61 reflector and an xhp35 would make an awesome thrower out of he box, depends if Fenix get a bit more with it !!!! Seem to be lacking in the latest led's imo.

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes just the one xhp35 due to the reflector and throw.

Agree, the larger tk61 reflector and an xhp35 would make an awesome thrower out of he box, depends if Fenix get a bit more with it !!!! Seem to be lacking in the latest led's imo.

LOL yeah. I bet they will though. I myself only heard of the XHP35 for the first time a few days ago. I didn't realize it was that powerful and we'll be seeing even more crazy high output tiny lights soon.

ven

Flashaholic
Iirc it required 12v , lots of potential !!!

Look forward to one day having this in my collection .

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, paired with a LMT .308 and a nice 4-16X optic that kit would clean house for ranch defense.

Exactly what I wanted to say: no one is able to see anything with .25 lm at 1.3 km distance having no help of some serious optical device. And good optics are WAY more expensive than the flashlight :)

I came to a conclusion for myself after some experience with TN32 1702 lm: excessing 1K lumen in 95% cases effectively blinds yourself with an accidental reflection. Even simple translucent glass in the way of a beam hits back on the verge of pain. And in case of a wise bad guy with a shiny or white something in his hands... if reflection exceeds 800 lm, you are both blinded.

Last edited: