Anyone have experience with Armytek Tiara A1 pro v2 vs v3?

knutmagne

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone!
I'm looking for a new high quality headlamp and have decided to try out a Armytek Tiara A1 pro.
This far everything is ok.
But then I would have to decide if I want the v2 version or the v3 version of this light. At least that was what I thought.
Last time I checked the Armytek website the v3 version was available, but now it is not. The Tiara C1 pro v3 is also remowed from their website...

Do anyone know what is happening? Or could anyone give me some feedback on my choice?
Is the v2 version very different than the v3 version?
My reason for choosing the v3 over the v2 version is not very good... I just thought "newer is better"....
If anyone has a different opinion or experience on this, then please share it.... :grin2:

Oscar3

Newly Enlightened
Hello Knutmagne,

I don't know why Armytek removed those models & would be speculatiing on my part. Looking at this site, http://www.andrew-amanda.com/catalog/brand/armytek/armytek-headlamp/ appears the Tiara v3 is not available to purchase; however, Andrew-Amanda are having a week long 25% off sale on the Tiara A1 Pro V2. You may want to call any dealer & ask your question about V3 vs V2 or research around CPF.

I picked up the Wizard V2 (warm) couple of weeks ago because it served the purpose of how much power I needed, how many modes (6 modes) I needed, & what I am using it for (backpacking, hiking, & camping). My headlamp uses an 18650 battery vs your AA or 14500 battery, meaning i will have a longer run time, which is also important to me. I was thinking about picking up a Nitecore HC50 (2016 760 lumen version) or possibly HC90 as a second headlamp for my son or wife when we go backpacking/camping. I'm happy with my Wizard, but only used it twice. Time will tell about durability & quality.

Good luck with your research!