Possible to convert Olight sr90 battery pack?

knegolf

Newly Enlightened
Hi. I have an Olight Sr90 that has a quite dead battery pack. The pack discharges itself in a day or two and is unable to be charged to full capacity. (Charger cuts out in about 15-20 minutes and the flashlight will only run for about three to five minutes on a charge).

I know that there are spare battery packs out there for sale, but since I almost never use the flashlight I find it hard to justify buying a new battery pack(And they will probably stop manufacturing them at some point any way). Now my question is if it would be possible to convert the pack to something that accepts standard 18650 cells that would be charged separately in a standard charger. In essence convert it to a standard battery tube. Or if there are any after market battery tubes that can be used with the sr90. Safety is of course a concern and I would not want to use something that could potentially blow up or start a fire. I just find it shameful to have such a great thrower just sitting on my shelf collecting dust when it could be working.

Thankful for any input.