Convoy s2

blindedbythenight

Enlightened
After hearing LOTS of good stuff about the S2 I set about looking online for one only to find that most of those for sale have a horrible bright green rubber clicky instead of the far nicer metal one. Is this version of the s2 inferior or is it just some green fugly to get used to?

ven

Flashaholic
iirc it might go off the colour for the metal button, the blue and red have metal, black have a black switch boot for examples. Have a look on aliexpress, Simon is the convoy man as some can be copies of convoys(fake).

iirc its the s2+ that have the metal switch.

Last edited:

blindedbythenight

Enlightened
Yeah I have been getting a little confused as I was looking for the. S2+ with metal clicky and all I keep coming across are torches branded s2+ but with green or black rubber clicky and claiming just unser 500 lumens when I was expecting around 1000.....confooosed.

ven

Flashaholic
There are several driver options, like 7123x 3 up to 7135x8 of which the latter is closer to the 1000lm mark(probably around 800lm). However it will get toasty quick at that output so only for short uses.

My advice would be buy from Simon to guarantee genuine, also a 3b tint which is around the 5000k mark (not too cool, not too warm for a happy medium).

Will pm a link to not go against forum rules

Dave D

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the S2+ that I bought as a host, which has a black rubber clicky. The S2+ is available on the GearBest site in Blue, Green or red with a metal switch.

blindedbythenight

Enlightened
There are several driver options, like 7123x 3 up to 7135x8 of which the latter is closer to the 1000lm mark(probably around 800lm). However it will get toasty quick at that output so only for short uses.

My advice would be buy from Simon to guarantee genuine, also a 3b tint which is around the 5000k mark (not too cool, not too warm for a happy medium).

Will pm a link to not go against forum rules
Cheers I appreciate that

ven

Flashaholic
In what way? different class of light, the s2+ is fed on 18650 fuel for a start which can be 3500mah. 14500 fuel is very limited, 700mah/800mah typical(think highest is sanyo at 840mah). Any turbo mode will be short lived due to heat and 14500 limits. If size is important then yes, the mi7 has the advantage being a little more pocket friendly...........saying that, the s2's are pretty compact for an 18650 light. For duration/run time, the s2+ is well ahead and holding a high output(not a fair comparison in that respect as said, different class of fuel/size).

blindedbythenight

Enlightened
In what way? different class of light, the s2+ is fed on 18650 fuel for a start which can be 3500mah. 14500 fuel is very limited, 700mah/800mah typical(think highest is sanyo at 840mah). Any turbo mode will be short lived due to heat and 14500 limits. If size is important then yes, the mi7 has the advantage being a little more pocket friendly...........saying that, the s2's are pretty compact for an 18650 light. For duration/run time, the s2+ is well ahead and holding a high output(not a fair comparison in that respect as said, different class of fuel/size).
Apologies I keep asking very vague questions when people have very specific answers...I had assumed with the s2+ being an 18650 it would be brighter....last longer etc. I saw a video on yootoob where someone used two s2+ on their bike while hooning around a forest and the beam profile and brightness just ticked all the boxes for me but it was two of them and I suppose not being hand held the heat wouldn't be an issue and as such could stay at full power for longer.

ven

Flashaholic
For the size, on a bike with cool air, you could probably sustain around 400lm as there is not much mass(dont know). As for 18650 being brighter, well its not always as simple as both cells are 4.2v(3.6v nominal). So strictly speaking it would be possible for both to be as bright as each other, although an 18650 would of course last longer due to capacity.

With the s2+(depending on driver selected) will be brighter and sustain a higher output for longer. Yes, the s2+ does have a good general all round type of beam, reasonable reach and spill. It would certainly be better suited for a bike over the small klarus.

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast
On my bike I have two convoy s2+ 7135x6 that I got on sale for less than $10 each at GearBest. Don't fret the minute details, these work fine. I also switched the reflector for a carclo 10003 elliptical optic so the light goes to the sides more than it spreads up and down

blindedbythenight

Enlightened
On my bike I have two convoy s2+ 7135x6 that I got on sale for less than $10 each at GearBest. Don't fret the minute details, these work fine. I also switched the reflector for a carclo 10003 elliptical optic so the light goes to the sides more than it spreads up and down
One on its own wouldn't suffice then?

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast
Two is symmetrical. I had 4 on my bike at one point. The point isn't what's sufficient it's how over the top. One is more than enough technically but one isn't enough ;)

Some perspective, a 7135x6 is about as bright as a halogen low beam.

Last edited:

blindedbythenight

Enlightened
Two is symmetrical. I had 4 on my bike at one point. The point isn't what's sufficient it's how over the top. One is more than enough technically but one isn't enough ;)

Some perspective, a 7135x6 is about as bright as a halogen low beam.
Cheers, that is really helpful [emoji106]

camelight

Newly Enlightened
i just got one with a black rubber clicky. works very well its brightness dose seem to be 900lm (7135x8)i cant compere to something close to that as my klarus g30 is broken[waiting for the new tail-cap] and my zl sc600 mk3 is yet to arrive)
it feels very well the price was good only 12.59usd on gearbest so i think it is the real deal
but it is pretty light weight so it handles heat pretty bad

have to say it smaller than i expected cloud be very nice edc...but its birthday present for a good friend
hope the zl body would be thin as the convoy

dropout

Newly Enlightened
the red, blue one on gearbest has metal clicky, the grey one (cheaper) has rubber, dunno about the green one, but I guess you can check user's photos for confirmation

how much was the Eagle Eye X2R on sale? Jetbeam JET - I MK is same/similar price to s2 but 14500/AA (convenient imo, but obviously much less brightness with AA) instead of 18650

Lexel

Enlightened
The grey neutral white X2R costed me 15.39$

it has similar light output than S2+ 7135*4 but build quality is better

the Jetbeam Jet-1 MK with protected 14500 is quite bright, a bit less than the S2+ 7135*4 but the runtime is limited
Love the sizr og this small flashlight

the 365nm UV S2+ with nichia UV is also a great light

Waiting for the Klarus XT11GT and Skilhunt H03F headlamp atm
file.php

Last edited:

blindedbythenight

Enlightened
The grey neutral white X2R costed me 15.39$

it has similar light output than S2+ 7135*4 but build quality is better

the Jetbeam Jet-1 MK with protected 14500 is quite bright, a bit less than the S2+ 7135*4 but the runtime is limited
Love the sizr og this small flashlight

the 365nm UV S2+ with nichia UV is also a great light

Waiting for the Klarus XT11GT and Skilhunt H03F headlamp atm
file.php
Yes I was thinking of getting the UV one too as I have security marked a lot of my stuff and my current UV light is a temperamental pen light from Avon [emoji17]