15 million power Thor build changing over to a 160W H4 LED

Screwball69N

Newly Enlightened
I want to put a high power H4 LED IN it so anyone who has notes and experience I loved to hear it so that I know a head of time if I'm wasting my time

Dr. Mario

Enlightened
Beam profile may suffer, owing to the LED placement (not mounted on the middle of the heatsink, rather on the side).

However, I'd not mind, I may do that on my Brinkmann Q-Beam pistol lantern (I tried to fit the HID kit in it, turned out to be an awkward placement as the igniter tend to be large and the ballast option is the aforementioned software-defined slim AC ballast - the HID kit went into Thor Colossus spotlight instead, probably the same host you're using).

Wiring is quite simple, however, similar to Halogen bulb you're ditching. The owner's manual would point out the wiring if it's a dual-beam option.

As for the battery, if you want longer runtime, ditch the Lead-Acid battery and get a protected Lithium-ion battery pack and the appropriate charger for it (I'd recommend to fuse it with around 8 - 15 Amps fuse, depending on LED driver current consumption, as Lithium-ion bstteries are actually much more powerful than Lead-acid battery owing to higher peak current which can cause damage if you make a wiring mistake).

IlluminatedOne

Newly Enlightened
Yes please do post some pics if you do it, i would be interested to see how it turns out also.

May be just thing thing to put in my old halogen Black and Decker V2 spotlight with a H3 bulb.