Repair advice needed for my EagTac D25C Ti

Taxman

Newly Enlightened
My EagTac D25C Ti clicky is not operating correctly. For those that don't know this is a reverse clicky, where clicking once turns it on, half presses advance to the next mode. Another full click and the light turns off.

So I don't have a problem clicking once to turn on, and no problem advancing to the next mode via half-pressing. It's when I attempt a full click to turn the light off that the click doesn't "bounce back" as it should after a full click to turn off. It's getting stuck in the depressed position. I can manipulate it and push on it some more and eventually bounces back out.

What's going on with this switch, and is it something I can disassemble, clean, then reassemble and get it to work? Is that clicky under the boot accessible by the user? There seems to be a seam near the switch that looks like it might be threaded on, but then again I'm not sure and don't want to strip anything out.

I'm not the original owner, I got it off somebody on the site, and its my favorite EDC light.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

m4a1usr

Enlightened
Yeah its been talked about before but is sort of imbedded in another thread concerning the D25C. Seems to me to be in an earlier post but haven't had luck locating it to post a linky but the solution is pretty simple. Mine did the same thing after approx. a year of use. The fix is easy. Take the light apart, unscrewing the tailcap portion off the body. The clicky switch in the taicap is on a PCB so you can press it on/off a few times to ensure it is not the switch (my problem wasn't internal switch issue) Turns out the factory uses some form of lubricant between the silicone boot and the end of the switch and it dries out over time. Right where they make contact. Just clean the inside of the boot and the part of the switch making contact. Mine had a sticky residue on both surfaces. I used a Q-tip and some acetone to degrease but I bet you could get away with just wiping it off with a clean rag if you don't some Isopropyl alcohol.

Last edited:

Streamer

Enlightened
Well, I should have looked it up before commenting. Seems ET D25 tailcap switch is not a standard type of clicky switch. Sorry.

Last edited:

peartree_423

Newly Enlightened
I seem to be having a similar issue. I have the 2015 version but mine actually is a actually an internal switch issue... also on the medium mode the brightness fluctuates annoyingly :(

RUSH FAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I seem to be having a similar issue. I have the 2015 version but mine actually is a actually an internal switch issue... also on the medium mode the brightness fluctuates annoyingly :(

I had the exact same issue as you.
Internal switch problem, not associated to the silicone rubber switch.
I just went ahead and bought a brand new one off eBay.
They're cheap enough now that it's pointless to try and fix the switch.

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was having an issue with one of mine and they were willing to take care of it if the quick fix didn't work

MX421

Enlightened
I was having an issue with one of mine and they were willing to take care of it if the quick fix didn't work

How did you contact them? I tried using their form email contact and never heard from them on a light i gave to my Dad as a gift that the switch went out on.