6px pro needs a head

hkenawy

Newly Enlightened
i have a 6px pro that i got for real cheap because the head was playing up
i tried fixing it and the head is now FUBAR
since im in Australia i cant be bothered sending it to surefire
so im chasimg an aftermarket head or even a surefire head that would do the trick i saw some nice ones on the malkof site but i dont know if they would thread onto the 6px body
im trying to keep the cost under 50 usd

any help would be greatly appreciated

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sadly, nothing but a SF head will fit on your body.
You'll need to hang out for a spare head, which is unlikely.
How badly is the head damaged? If it's physically Ok, you could get someone to fit a new LED or Driver for you.
Otherwise get the Makoff head that you like with a Malkoff body and tail.
When you take the postage into account it's worth putting a bit more into a single delivery.
P

m4a1usr

Enlightened
Maybe keep an eye out on Ebay? I have seen different heads that would work (you don't need to only use a 6PX head) as people part out Surefire lights. Several SF lights, like the G2X and the Fury come to mind, will mate with the body you have. Question is would it make sense to spend the money it might cost with shipping? Modifying the 6PX head is straight forward. I did both the emitter and the driver in one of mine. But you need the right tools to attempt it yourself.

flashlight chronic

Enlightened
For under $50, you may have to check the WTS section for an X head to pop up. I modded my 6PX w/ a Lumens Factory X to M adapter and a Mini Turbo Head, but the cost was more than 50 bucks.