UPS driver needs new flashlight

hegro

Newly Enlightened
1) How would you prefer to purchase the light?
Online, preferably Amazon

2) Budget: An easy question, but you may change your mind after answering the rest! :)
$100 and under prefered.

3) Format:
Flashlight

4) Size:
Small - Medium

5) Emitter/Light source:
LED?

6) Manufacturer:
Traditional Manufacturer

7) What power source do you want to use?
I intend to use Rechargeable cells based on less common formats (18500 or 18650 Li-Ion, RCR123, et-al).

7a) If you have selected a rechargeable option
Unsure

8) How much genuine out the front (OTF) light do you want/need? Sometimes you can have too much light (trying to read up close up with a 100 lumen light is not a happy experience).
300 Lumens +

9) Flood vs Throw: Flood covers an area, Throw reaches out to a distance.
Narrow flood - Narrow throw

9a) Distance: How far away will you typically need to see with this light (check all that apply)
10-50 yards

10) Runtime: Not over-inflated manufacturer runtime claims, but usable brightness measured from first activation to 50% with new batteries (Measured on maximum continuous output).
60-90 minutes

11) Durability/Usage: Generally the old phrase "you get what you pay for" is very accurate for flashlights.
Very important

12) Switch Size, Type, and location (choose all that apply):
Will be using gloves primarily with the light. Unsure.

13) User Interface (UI) and mode selection. Select all that apply.
1 or 2 outputs

14)Material/Finish/Coating
Not plastic

15) Water resistance
None - Minimal

16) Storage conditions
Preferably in car but can be in house if needed.

I am a UPS driver and have put off getting a new light for too long. Since the days are so short now and the people who order the most packages seem to not have house numbers, I need a new light. As stated above, under $100 and Amazon Prime eligible is a big plus.

I can answer more questions if needed, thanks in advance.

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
You may want to look at the Manker U21. It's bulky enough for a gloved hand and has more than enough throw. It's takes 26650 rechargeable batteries with good run times. There are plenty of reviews and picks if you search the forum.

Edit: it also has usb charging for in vehicle charging.

Last edited:

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Nitecore EC4SW if you want to use Li-Ion, or the EC41S if you use rechargeable NiMH (Eneloop, et. al.). Either one, a good charger would be the Xtar VC4 for both types of cells, or the VP2 if only using Li-Ion. Some of the Nitecore P-series would also work. If you have enough left over, a Nitecore EC11 (CR123/18350) or EA11 (AA) would be a good backup light. A Lumintop Tool or Streamlight Microstream or Stylus Pro would also make a good backup, if not as strong.

Let us know what you decide on and how it works out. It helps us give better advice to the next person. And welcome top CPF. :welcome: Warning, it can get expensive to hang around here. :whistle: