Sony US18650VTC6 or Samsung Q30's for X7?

CREEXHP70LED

Enlightened
I am going to buy some extra cells for my X7 and also plan on getting an X7R when available. I am trying to figure out which of these two batteries are the best. Looks like the Sony to me: (3000 mAh 30A.)
Vs the Q30 less (mAh and 15-20 A)

I have two hopefully simple questions because I would like to get these as soon as I possibly can. (Leaving town and would like to order them before then).

Question #1: Do either of the button top versions require magnets or are they just a straight drop in and they work?

Question #2: With price not being an issue, which cells would you purchase if they cost the exact same amount?

brighterthanthesun

Enlightened
Both of these cells in button top will work just fine without magnets. The Sony is a little bit better than the 30Q, which is a very good cell. I have both and I like them.

CREEXHP70LED

Enlightened
I will be placing an order for four or eight of the Sony cells tonight then. Thanks guys.

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast
The VTC6 is newer and better. It is also more expensive. Neither is bad.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
To op, you only pay $1.70 extra for the each battery for the sony vtc 6. Just get a sony vtc 6 button top. I have used sony vtc 5 in my vape box. The cell are strong., by the way, i use sony vtc 6, lg mj1, 30q on my modified flashlights. All good.

buy sony vtc6 buttn top and dont look back. Gl.

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sony VTC6 is probably one of the best batteries out there, PERIOD! Both voltage and capacity are better than the 30Q. In fact, REAL capacity is almost the same as the NCR18650B. Granted, the 30Q isn't bad. It's just that the VTC6 is better.

SG Hall

Flashlight Enthusiast
Real men don't buy pink batteries.

Actually, that's not true. I just had nothing more to add and had to go left field.

I have a swag of 30Qs and they are great batteries for drain and capacity. I would place them between the VTC5 and 6 for overall performance. They are cheaper than both.

The VTC6 is the new king of the performance curve and just has the 30Q covered. Personally I'll stick with the Samsungs for the most part and go wrestle a crocodile. [emoji5]️

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Alright.. fyi.. i power up my acebeam x45vn with the sony vtc6. It works fine. Since op is asking to be used on x7, i dont know if sony vtc6 will make any difference.