Double or Single AA Compact LED Flashlight (Recommendation)

Kungpow

Newly Enlightened
I am looking for a compact or almost sub compact 2AA flashlight.

Specifications:

LED
Waterproof to at least IPX7
Tailcap with Momentary On/Constant On
Subcompact (If 2AA is 4in in length then I would prefer a light close to 4in)
Does not need to have additional functions such as high, medium, low and strobe (At the very most high function and low function)
Durable, made with Aluminum or Titanium (Unless if the Titanium Flashlight is cost prohibitive)

I am kinda disappointed that most 2AA lights are around 6in.
I understand that manufactures need to fit the electronics on a light, so I know its impossible for a 2AA light to be 4in or 4.5in.

Thank You

Last edited:

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: 2AA Compact LED Flashlight (Recommendation)

I am looking for a compact or almost sub compact 2AA flashlight.

Specifications:

LED
Waterproof to at least IPX7
Tailcap with Momentary On/Constant On
Subcompact (If 2AA is 4in in length then I would prefer a light close to 4in)
Does not need to have additional functions such as high, medium, low and strobe (At the very most high function and low function)
Durable, made with Aluminum or Titanium (Unless if the Titanium Flashlight is cost prohibitive)

I am kinda disappointed that most 2AA lights are around 6in.
I understand that manufactures need to fit the electronics on a light, so I know its impossible for a 2AA light to be 4in or 4.5in.

Thank You

What's the attraction to a 2xAA light?

The Sunwayman D20A Gemini runs two AAs in side by side configuration.

It's got a red LED, as well as a white LED, is somewhat spendy, but it's 4.03" long, so it's shorter than typical 2xAA lights.

Chris

Kungpow

Newly Enlightened

Hi Chris, I own a Surefire G2X and I found that CR123 are a bit inconvenient at times. The size of the Surefire of the G2X is probably the limit for me. I have opted for a ThruNite T10 XP-L due to size and efficiency when using an AA. I also found that the Eagletac D25a was slightly smaller than the ThruNite T10 XP-L but I chose the ThruNite because it was more affordable. It seems that the ThruNite T10 XP-L is one of the smallest single AA lights with a tail switch.

Last edited:

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Chirs, I own a Surefire G2X and I found that CR123 are a bit inconvenient at times. The size of the Surefire of the G2X is probably the limit for me. I have opted for a ThruNite T10 XP-L due to size and efficiency when using an AA. I also found that the Eagletac D25a was slightly smaller than the ThruNite T10 XP-L but I chose the ThruNite because it was more affordable. It seems that the ThruNite T10 XP-L is one of the smallest single AA lights with a tail switch.

You can always buy a Sanyo 2500mAh 4.35v 16650 and run it in your G2X, if a 18650 doesn't fit. Buy a Liitokala Lii 100 USB li-ion/NiMH single bay charger, or the double bay 202 for <$7 shipped and you're good to go.

You obviously edited your post title and since side-by-side 2xAA lights are off the beaten path, that's the best that I could come up with late in the evening.

Illumination dot com has the Sunwayman D20A Gemini on sale for $41 and not the $80 BatteryJunction wants for them, if you change your mind.

Good luck.

Chris

Kungpow

Newly Enlightened

You can always buy a Sanyo 2500mAh 4.35v 16650 and run it in your G2X, if a 18650 doesn't fit. Buy a Liitokala Lii 100 USB li-ion/NiMH single bay charger, or the double bay 202 for <$7 shipped and you're good to go.

You obviously edited your post title and since side-by-side 2xAA lights are off the beaten path, that's the best that I could come up with late in the evening.

Illumination dot com has the Sunwayman D20A Gemini on sale for $41 and not the $80 BatteryJunction wants for them, if you change your mind.

Good luck.

Chris

I already have an Olight RCR123A, and an EagleTac RCR123A battery in my G2X. I am currently running a Nitecore I2 charger.

Thanks for your help.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast

I already have an Olight RCR123A, and an EagleTac RCR123A battery in my G2X. I am currently running a Nitecore I2 charger.

Thanks for your help.

You're running two dissimilar 16340s in series, in your SF G2X?

You probably want to stop doing that and get a 16650, like I suggested.

Chris

Kungpow

Newly Enlightened

You're running two dissimilar 16340s in series, in your SF G2X?

You probably want to stop doing that and get a 16650, like I suggested.

Chris

Is it still bad to mix RCR123A batteries even if the batteries are reputable brands?

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast

Is it still bad to mix RCR123A batteries even if the batteries are reputable brands?

It never was a good thing and mixing dissimilar CR123As can be even worse.

If the zombies are attacking and you have to do it, then sure.

As a practice, even with protected cells, having matched cells of similar age, manufacturer and condition is prudent. You can get reverse charging where one cell starts charging up the other cell and that's not good in the long run. Keep them as a set with whatever light you're using and go from there.

Stacking two 16340s (3.6/3.7v cells I presume?) doesn't double capacity but does give you a boost in voltage, which may, or may not matter with the LED and driver in that light, I think just a P60 drop in?

You must have an 8.4v driver, or you're using the 3.2v LiFePO4 RCR123 cells and not the 16340s.

Anyhow, my suggestion doesn't cost but $10-$15 if you want to give it a shot.

Chris

torchsarecool

Enlightened

Kungpow. The yet to be released nitecores mt22a looks to suited your requirements. There is a thread on here with some brief details. It's very compact but a bit ugly