Best alternative to Surefire Titan Plus?

Hadwyn

Newly Enlightened
I've been looking for a thin light for pocket EDC and the Surefire Titan Plus seems to be the option that comes closest to satisfying what I want: relatively short, as thin as a pen light, uses a commonly available battery, strong body, reputation for reliability, and multiple output settings with a high output option (~200+ lumens). These are musts for me, but there is one option that it doesn't have that would be nice: a clicky tail cap. I am willing to settle for twist, but would prefer a button on the tail cap.

Any suggestions for an alternative in the ~$100-300 price range? Prefer a button on the tail cap, but not absolutely necessary. If you suggest a custom light, can you also please link me to where I can purchase it? New to the forum so still finding my way around.

Thanks all!

archimedes

Flashaholic
Peak makes several models that may work for you .... and based in AZ too, I think :)

0IzBT93.jpg

You'll want the momentary switch option, though.

Last edited:

Hadwyn

Newly Enlightened
Peak makes several models that may work for you .... and based in AZ too, I think :)

You'll want the momentary switch option, though.

Thanks, appreciate the suggestions. I remember seeing that some time ago and being impressed. Wouldn't mind getting one at some point.

Any suggestions on something higher quality, though? Not necessarily a "grail light" (if that's a term used in the flashlight world:)) but something in the $150-300 range?

archimedes

Flashaholic
Hahaha ... I was thinking about mentioning the HDS EDC too, and agree it is a fantastic torch, but I'm not sure I'd consider it compact for the size of battery it uses :shrug: