Flashlight ?

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Is there a flashlight with a triple led that takes AA/AAA?
If you are thinking about a 2000+ lumen light...... none that I know of. There have been AA/AAA based lights with 5mm LEDs from 1 to 100+ if you aren't looking for Cree X Lamp series emitters.

carnage

Enlightened
If you are thinking about a 2000+ lumen light...... none that I know of. There have been AA/AAA based lights with 5mm LEDs from 1 to 100+ if you aren't looking for Cree X Lamp series emitters.

I'm thinking about 300 to about 500 lumens. I like the look of the triple LEDs flashlight and when I search I couldn't find any and I was planning on using Eneloops to power them.

Croquette

Enlightened
I would recommend to wait a little and read a bit about flashlights/led/batteries and then buy the one you really want.

If you jump to soon, you will spend money on flashlights you will never use again in a few weeks.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I'm thinking about 300 to about 500 lumens. I like the look of the triple LEDs flashlight and when I search I couldn't find any and I was planning on using Eneloops to power them.

You can find lights with that output in the 2-4 AA range but 3 LEDs is just not needed a single LED can manage that many lumens without breaking a sweat the only advantage in having 3 LEDs is more efficiency and runtime. The disadvantage is cost, head size and most likely a funkier looking beam pattern that may not throw as far and as well. Essentially you probably aren't going to find this format as it isn't profitable or desired by most people wanting lights if they want 3 LEDs they usually want over 1000 lumens and want to use lithium ion batteries instead of nimh.

carnage

Enlightened
You can find lights with that output in the 2-4 AA range but 3 LEDs is just not needed a single LED can manage that many lumens without breaking a sweat the only advantage in having 3 LEDs is more efficiency and runtime. The disadvantage is cost, head size and most likely a funkier looking beam pattern that may not throw as far and as well. Essentially you probably aren't going to find this format as it isn't profitable or desired by most people wanting lights if they want 3 LEDs they usually want over 1000 lumens and want to use lithium ion batteries instead of nimh.

The only reason I want to get a triple LED light is for cosmetic reason. Some people like jewelry for bling I like the triple LED.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Yes, this is just an example ...

lY3cvMK.jpg

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast
That one is custom. But you aren't even pushing a single LED with AA. Having three of them isn't going to help on output. I know you want for cosmetic reasons but do some research and you can find a triple in rechargables all day long.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mecarmy PT-whichever version that takes the AA sized battery.
It is rechargeable and comes with the Lithium cell which charges in the light,nothing could be more simple!

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would recommend to wait a little and read a bit about flashlights/led/batteries and then buy the one you really want.

If you jump to soon, you will spend money on flashlights you will never use again in a few weeks.

Now you tell me

carnage

Enlightened
It seems like I just have to wait until I get comfortable with rechargeable Lithium to get a triple flashlight.

Thanks for all the replies!

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Read up on Li-ion batteries, get a decent charger, use single cell devices, avoid extremes in state of charge, keep the flashlight out of your mouth, enjoy.

At 1 minute 34 seconds starts a segment of a nice flashlight with an AA sized body, using a 14500:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GZL4ThdfgQ

Oh, I did show a different tailcap on that light after saying 'That's all"

carnage

Enlightened
Read up on Li-ion batteries, get a decent charger, use single cell devices, avoid extremes in state of charge, keep the flashlight out of your mouth, enjoy.

At 1 minute 34 seconds starts a segment of a nice flashlight with an AA sized body, using a 14500:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GZL4ThdfgQ

Oh, I did show a different tailcap on that light after saying 'That's all"

I just pick up some Eneloop and figure I will get some practice I need before I jump into rechargeable Lithium. This way I can learn safely on nimh and learn how to use a charger correctly and what it's capable of doing (when I find one).

Now I just have to get a good and accurate DMM

PaladinNO

Enlightened
Would the Fenix TK45 be to your specifications?
http://www.fenixlight.com/ProductMore.aspx?id=26&tid=8&cid=1
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...4-Testing-Sample)-RUNTIMES-BEAMSHOTS-and-more!

Triple-LED, takes 8x AA batteries, 760 Lumen. Is rather floody, gives smooth light across a wide area, and can tailstand(!).

First bought 1 of them, and was so pleased with it that I bought another.
Am using rechargeble Sanyo (now Panasonic) Eneloops NiMHs in them both.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JHKSN5I/?tag=cpf0b6-20