Single AAA light for wife's key chain

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm looking for a key chain sized AAA light for my wife. The most important feature is the UI, as this light must be a single high output affair. She does not want to advance modes. The question of clicky vs twisty switching is less important, although the form factor cannot exceed a reasonable key chain size. Any pocket clips must be removable. Output needs to be in the neighborhood of 100lm. More is acceptable but not necessary. She will prefer CW to any neutral or high CRI offerings. She also does not want to maintain rechargeable cells. This device will be fed a steady diet of lithum primary AAA cells. The device could be aluminum, steel, or titanium, but she'd be very upset if I exceed $50.

Oh, and if there is an option to buy it in green or pink, she might even squeak when she gets it.

Tusk

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking for a key chain sized AAA light for my wife. The most important feature is the UI, as this light must be a single high output affair. She does not want to advance modes. The question of clicky vs twisty switching is less important, although the form factor cannot exceed a reasonable key chain size. Any pocket clips must be removable. Output needs to be in the neighborhood of 100lm. More is acceptable but not necessary. She will prefer CW to any neutral or high CRI offerings. She also does not want to maintain rechargeable cells. This device will be fed a steady diet of lithum primary AAA cells. The device could be aluminum, steel, or titanium, but she'd be very upset if I exceed $50.

Oh, and if there is an option to buy it in green or pink, she might even squeak when she gets it.

Olight I3E might be worth a look. It even comes in bright colors and different materials.

Boris74

Newly Enlightened
I got a good deal on a olight Halloween sale recently. I noticed they had the I3E EOS on a 99% off sale to the first 50 who ordered. I'm not into aaa lights but this thing wows me. Not a bad 10 cent light at all! I really have nothing to compare it to because like I said, I'm not into single aaa lights. What I can say is I will be ordering several more soon as gifts for the upcoming season. Very bright easy to use and tiny. They come in several colors.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
I have to recommend the Fenix E01. It's what my wife has been carrying for years.

I also carry one.
a9913b74082a229486da52f156fd5bf7.jpg
882f7829a68223197e91dbb2c360c608.jpg

jfhrtn

Newly Enlightened
Either the Thrunite Ti3 in neutral white or a Stainless Steel Fenix E05 have been with me every for almost 2 years now. Haven't had to replace either. If you don't mind a little extra weight the Stainless Steel E05 would be my pick if I had to buy again. Hope this can help you out some

terryoregon

Newly Enlightened
X2 on the Olight I3E. It's my wife's purse carry, because it's unlikely to turn on by accident (twist top to turn on). Get the silver one if you can (120 lumens vs 90 for the other colors). Simple UI, there is only one brightness level. Should have at least a 2hr run-time with lithium AAA primary.

Last edited:

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast
X2 on the Olight I3E. It's my wife's purse carry, because it's unlikely to turn on by accident (twist top to turn on). Get the silver one if you can (120 lumens vs 90 for the other colors). Simple UI, there is only one brightness level. Should have at least a 2hr run-time with lithium AAA primary.

I have, although not often, drained AAA twisties in my pocket because if you don't unscrew the head far enough, then the free play in the threads can allow it make contact if you press on it.

The solution, of course, is simply to know how far you have to turn the head to prevent this, and make a habit of it. Not a big deal at all. Just thought I'd mention the potential for this to happen.

ven

Flashaholic
Its 2 mode, but always comes on in high, quick twist again for low. The PK PL2, real nice key chain light from a flashlight genius himself , 110lm/12lm and the 110lm is brighter than numbers may suggest. Available in several flavours, black, silver and rainbow.

3UqWItDl.jpg

42fZazal.jpg

Good luck

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd never looked closely at AAA lights before. Didn't realize there were so many choices. I wanted the PK (= flashlight genius), but my wife wanted the Olight.

Got it in green. Thanks again to everyone who contributed.

PartyPete

Enlightened
My wife likes her Fenix CL05. It's a bit different from most everything else; of a lantern than anything. However, while its not super bright, it does have good run times on a single AAA and is a simple, reliable twisty. Good for close quarters lighting as she has a light in the glovebox if the CL05 on her keys isn't bright enough.

Bicycleflyer

Enlightened
O-light has a single mode keychain light that uses AAA. I got one free when I sent a light in for warranty work. I guess they felt bad about my problem. Anyway, I know it is bright, but I am not sure about the rated output or color options. You can google it.

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd never looked closely at AAA lights before. Didn't realize there were so many choices. I wanted the PK (= flashlight genius), but my wife wanted the Olight.

Got it in green. Thanks again to everyone who contributed.

Just saw this thread the i3E would have been my suggestion, I think she will be pleased. I would have suggested buying two or three though since the price is reasonable,a back-up is good to have on hand and you might want one too.;)

joelbnyc

Enlightened
I gave my wife a SS Fenix E05. Cute, nice build quality. The light.