Sanyo Eneloop (1st Gen) - HIGH (MH-C9000)

Marc999

Newly Enlightened
Well, it finally happened.
This past year - I've probably come across 1/2 dozen or more AA/AAA 1st gen. eneloops that refuse to be normally charged on the Maha C9000. 'HIGH'
'Break-Ins' - are successful and each one is now marked with an 'H' and will retire inside low power remote controls ;)

There's no way they even came close to 1,000-1,500 cycles before their useful lives expired ~8 years after purchase. Sill, that's a lot of bang for the buck rather than purchasing copious amounts of batteries over the years.
So unfortunately your kids or kids kids won't be using our 1st gen batteries lol.

How many years did your 1st/2nd gen Eneloop last?

Marc

Last edited:

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a bunch of Gen. 2s, (even two 8-packs of Gen. 2 Glitters dated 09/12), back in January/February of 2012 that are all still going strong. Some of the Gen. 2 AAAs are showing higher I.R.s, but after almost 6 years, I understand and even expect it.

I played with some Sanyo 2700/AccuPower 2900 HSD batteries that hit HIGH on my C9000 after only a few years and they just weren't worth messing with and I recycled them, even though they might have been usable in remotes. Just not worth the hassle for me.

Chris

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm still using Eneloops I bought back in 2006, and they work fine in high-powered lights. Most still have around 90% of their original capacity. Only one of them I've noticed is starting to get weaker than the others. They probably have 300 cycles on them, but they're over 11 years old. Pretty good, IMO.

No other brand I've bought has lasted anywhere near that long. I still have some other brands older than that (I started buying only Eneloops after 2006), but they have to be charged really slow and they can only be used in low-drain applications.

Dragracer

Newly Enlightened
My first gen Eneloops from 2009 still have ~1750mAh, but a slightly higher internal resistance. But still good for the digital camera.
My 2nd gen Eneloops from 2010 are like new.

The only batteries I have that last longer than Eneloops are NiCd ones like 20 year old Sanyos and Panasonics. But for NiMh they are the longest lastings AA's I've ever had.

Last edited: